Chelsea 2017/2018

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by Vialli98, 30 May 2017.

1. crazyg

crazyg

But don't mention the war!

2. CityInWashingtonState

CityInWashingtonState

Giroud fits Chelsea's style very well. Probably 3rd or 4th this year, but it's going to be close; ManU/Chelsea/Totenham/Pool will all vie for 2nd-4th.

3. super_city_si

super_city_si

Batshuayi has 5 in 3 for Dortmund. Don’t know why Chelsea didn’t give him a go.

4. Vialli98

Vialli98

Not a lot of possession, but dammit that was a wonderful performance. Willian was a beast. I have never seen him be this good against such top opposition. I don't think Barca deerved a draw out of this.

I really love these European night at the Bridge. Incredible atmosphere.

5. deano ou812

deano ou812

Far from over mate,you’s have a decent enough record against Barca,they will be favs now but Chelsea aren’t out of this..

6. Marvin

Marvin

Chelsea played a very good defensive game.

I was watching that game thinking how we would have got on against Barcelona. I am sure we would have attacked them I think Barcelona miss Neymar. The little genius Messi took his goal well, but really struggled up until then to unlock Chelsea. It took a defensive error for Barcelona to create a clear cut chance.

7. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

It will be that lost yard of pace.

8. San Tropez

San Tropez

Happy for Willian, seems to have put his wobbles early on this season behind him. He is coming back in to form at a crucial time. Now go and destroy the Rags please, Willian.

9. M18CTID

M18CTID

I didn't see it, but looking at the stats it seems Barca were perhaps fortunate to get a draw despite having 70-odd percent possession.

I've always liked Willian - quality player and it baffles me why Conte doesn't play him more

10. San Tropez

San Tropez

Only way I see us beating Barca is playing high risk breakneck speed game :-) The kind of games Gundogan and Sane excel at. Like last season when we only had a third of the possession. I don't think Barca are good countering that kind of game. And they had MSN back then.

Umtiti looked nervous last night. Pique and Busquests are even less mobile than before.