Chelsea 2017/2018

Could someone explain the situation with Diego Costa?

Is he still a Chelsea player? If so, how come he is training with Atletico?

He is an Atletico Madrid player now. The transfer was completed a few weeks ago for a fee of about £50mill. Both clubs announced the deal. He is training with them. They just can't register him until January, so he is stuck just training and watching from the stands. He is no longer our problem though.

He is an Atletico Madrid player now. The transfer was completed a few weeks ago for a fee of about £50mill. Both clubs announced the deal. He is training with them. They just can't register him until January, so he is stuck just training and watching from the stands. He is no longer our problem though.

As a matter of curiosity, does this mean he's still registered as a Chelsea player, or is he not attached until then?

As a matter of curiosity, does this mean he's still registered as a Chelsea player, or is he not attached until then?

I would assume he is currently an unregistered player, contractually a free agent if you will, until January 1st. I'm just guessing though. I really have no idea.

How is it possible to buy a player outside the transfer window?
Did Chelsea canceled his contract?
Have money changed hands between Chelsea and Atletico?

so many questions, I know... :)

City signed bernardo and ederson outside of the window. Happens all the time in summer

Yeah, but they didn't show up at City until after 1st of July.

Who is paying Diego's wages at the moment?

I think clubs can negotiate and agree deals whenever they want. However, you can only register players/transfer player contracts inside the designated transfer windows. Due to Atletico's transfer ban, they would have been in this predicament with Costa's registration regardless, even if the deal was concluded in June or July.

I don't know who is paying Costa's wages atm. I would imagine it is either no-one or Chelsea until Jan 1.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.