Chelsea (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Most city fans wanted Phil to start.
Look how that turned out. CTID
aD0D8Kw_460s.jpg

I thought the first half was well played. We were pressing the midfield which is odd for us. The second half felt inevitable. The second half of the second half relied upon everyone doing their job.
Yeah, a few loose cogs and rust from returning players. Didn't look like edging that final ball into the net, but likewise Ederson barely looked worried for the first half

Yeah, a few loose cogs and rust from returning players. Didn't look like edging that final ball into the net, but likewise Ederson barely looked worried for the first half
I thought Ederson played a key roll in beating Chelsea's press today. A couple of stumbles but I find it very easy to forget the role that Ederson plays.

Totally agree with that. If I do have one complaint it's that we look a bit more predictable now, and I can easily see him going several games and hardly scoring once teams get used to the way he plays. His all round game still needs to mature, but meantime I'd like to see more of Alvarez alongside him.
We forget that we have a current world cup winning forward in our squad - who plays alongside Messi ! Interesting to see if Pep gets him to move CB's around a bit, and drag them up the pitch when he covers for Haaland. Could be challenging for the team though to revert to false nine tactics

Just back - not going to repeat what everyone has said...but 3 points is all that matters.

Two, non-pitch related thoughts: Was sitting behind Noel Gallagher and his two kids, and he has the patience of a saint with everyone stepping over the kids to shove an iphone in his face. I know that's the price of fame today - but I did think the relentless selfie demand is a bit much. But credit to the lad.

Secondly, when Sterling came off and walked past the away end - the majority of City fans were clapping and a loud chorus of 'Raheem Sterling, he is top of the league' - but not even the slightest of nods or recognition - I thought that was a bit shity...but am I wrong?

If you were going to miss any 25 minutes of the season, the start of tonight’s game would be the one you’d want to miss.

Foden will no doubt improve from here, but Pep’s comments about poor body language are a bit easier to understand after watching that first half. Foden and Guardiola actually strike me as an old married couple at times. Deep down they know that they need each other, but they’re not averse to winding each other up occasionally.

Yes I’m thankful for wank Indonesian internet whilst using a vpn to disguise my whereabouts :)

You know I wondered if the body language was more attributed to sharpness or frustration.

Foden was golden boy at u17 World Cup, let’s not underplay what he wants from an international tournament. I think Pep wants him to break out & be what he can be.

Personally I blame Southgate & think he’s a ****.

Thought the game highlighted our desperate need of some pace outwide if we play Haaland, there is so much space out there but none of our wingers have the pace to run at an isolated fullback. In the end we get a goal because there is literally so much space tge wingers doesn't even need to beat a man to get a ball across the face of goal(with some help from a fairly hopeless Kepa deciding to just not bother cutting it out)

Still though, 3 points in the bag, pressure on the bottlers, let's see them wilt

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.