Chelsea (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

True, but he is far from his best these last couple of games. Needs a rest.
This VV

You are 100% right.

Kev looks fucked.

If Rodri had not been suffering cramp i think he would have been Subbed.

Great player we all know that.He can score a crucial Goal out of nothing.All us blues love him.

Fact is though he has looked unfit most of this Season.No idea if he is still carrying an Ankle injury.There were times where he could hardly walk tonight.I also think he is carrying a little too much weight .Not just KDB either a few of our players look unfit.And it is part of the reason we are struggling with game management.They are knackered late on in games,and it leaves us hanging on a bit.

Maybe we should rotate him a bit more.Not like we dont have perfect players for his role with Phil/Grealish/Bernado.

He needs a rest.

Happy as fuck but I should twat myself in the face for daring to look at the matchday thread at half time.

That fordyboy was a joy to behold.

GREALISH to MAHREZ... GOAL! 0 - 1

We were shockingly shit in the first half. I like most thought we'd return to our strongest line up, with our usual shape. It was great to see Walker back on the right. Then I saw Cancelo advancing down the right, & then I saw Walker going down the right again & I thought I was seeing things!

The realisation then hit me that baldy had done it AGAIN! In a major match, he's made major changes to outfox the opposition by playing Cancelo as a right winger & Rodri dropping into a back three when attacking, but we AGAIN ended up flummoxing our own fucking players! :-/

My first half assessment was we were very average & Chelsea were good. It might also be a case of our poor performance made Chelsea look even better than they otherwise would have been.

Changes were needed at half time & I thought Cancelo would return to LB, with Bernardo moving out to the right. But Pep made personnel changes which I personally think was unfair, because I don't think the tactics & player positions suited us, not that any player played individually badly. It was the strange system that threw everyone.

In the second half we were far far better & playing a system we're more used to. We started brilliantly & had them on the back foot. The big shock was seeing a rapidly improving & dangerous Foden & Bernardo pulled for Grealish & Mahrez! I thought what the fuck!

But what the fuck do I know. Grealish to Mahrez... GOAL & three points! :-) They were let off the leash when they came on, & Chelsea didn't know what the fuck to do when both went direct & started attacking their defence. THIS is the Mahrez & Grealish I wanna see week in, week out, NOT the side to side, backward passing duo I've seen in recent times.

Lewis was brilliant AGAIN, as was Akanji. Stones was imperious & my MoTM if only for that world class goal-saving sliding block, & Aké was brilliant too. Haaland was mostly anonymous & KDB improved immensely with the change of personnel, our better positioning & the better tactics.

We need to quickly find our regular rhythm & get the likes of Philips & Gomez up to speed to help with the avalanche of games we've got coming.

It's good to get back to winning ways, because this season is proving to be a shit load tougher than most of us envisaged in August.

good result, uninspired performance to say the least, lets hope pep and the lads figure it out in time to fight for the league and cl until the end

We have got to be investigated for FFP. No way we got Akanji for 15 mill. If there wasnt a very big brown envelope stuffed with fifties we have basically stolen him.
Plus, to all the Grealish moaners, up yours. To all the Mahrez moaners, up yours.

Finally, has Pep ever made as many subs before the 60th minute ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.