Chelsea (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Some away end that yesterday that happy hour before the game £3.50 a pint. Pep needs to get rid of this obsession with extra bodies in the the middle as it's having a a bad effect on our best players.

In my opinion it’s because our distribution is so fucking slow that teams can leisurely get back to the perfect position to defend against it rather than they sussing it out. It’s incredibly hard to defend against, even if you know it’s coming. Providing you do it at speed
That's why Arsenal are doing so well. They play our style but move the ball much quicker.

That's just stating the obvious though, most the time we play wingers with their strongest foot on the opposite side (mahrez on the right, grealish on the left) so yeah they never are going to go right to the byline as they so often cut inside back on their favored foot.

That explains why Haaland may some time cut a frustrated figure as cutting back/inside goes against his strengths.

I can only imagine how deadly he would've been in a front three with the pace of Sane and Sterling either side of him.
This.

Some away end that yesterday that happy hour before the game £3.50 a pint. Pep needs to get rid of this obsession with extra bodies in the the middle as it's having a a bad effect on our best players.
We dont have best players though. We have a squad of players who come in and play the way are they coached and each is able to do it

I can only presume @geek24601 is back at school or absolutely choked up that we've won.

Either way he was full of it Saturday and now not a peep.

And i thought you was a happy clapper n all.

Super city.
Thanks for that and glad to know I mean so much to you! I was actually down in London at the game so have only checked on here now I’m home.
My thoughts:
Terrible 1st half but much better after the break and a vital 3 points to hopefully kick start one of our famous winning runs. Still a lot to improve on if we are going to win the league.

Last edited:
You can have 2 defenders on the wing who act like attackers - this means against teams who sit back you've got the extra men needed to break down a packed defense. But it also means you're susceptible to the counter as you might be 2 defenders down. So you need these 2 to be fast, able to track back and able to defend when needed. It's very hard to find defenders who can fit this mold. TAA seems a good example of a defender who has come under scrutiny recently for not being able to do it all as has Cancello at times. Walker used to be able to do this but he's been injured recently and how long he will have that pace I'm not sure. Zinny could do the attacking aspect but wasn't always to be relied upon when defending.

So maybe the solution is to have 2 wingers who don't act like Sane would in being able to give you that all out attack but they can provide cover for the defenders in the sense that the defenders can stay behind them. They can control the ball ahead of the defenders, create from mid like the attacking def would but if they aren't tracking back it's not so much an issue as the def is already back. This would be a more cautious approach to def-to attack when being wary of being weak to the counter.

Though It does mean that the attack from mid is less potent. But it also gives control with the potential to attack without leaving yourself vulnerable to the counter. A team like city shouldn't have to play this way as we can outscore any opposition but past results has seen that this doesn't always work, especially against teams that counter. So maybe this is how we have to adapt to not being able to simply dominate based on our ability to do so?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.