Chelsea (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Pretty poor at times from us defensively, made our own problems really. Never really had control and seemed content with playing at the pace that Chelsea wanted, we never really stopped and took control.

Had plenty of chances to wrap it up when we went 3-2 up, but didn't.

No worries, one of those mad games you get in the prem, take the point, stay at the top, relax over the break. :)

Dias messed up with that challenge in the box, he only had to block the ball and we would had three points.

I suppose that was a good game if you’re a neutral but Im actually pretty pissed off about It. Suicidal defending and absent midfield. Chelsea are a bang average team and there is no way we should be scoring four against them and not winning.
Gvardiol had a shocker and Dias had possibly his worst game for us. Walker needs to give his head a shake. He was schooled by Sterling today and his only thought was to get himself booked, or worse.
I know I’ve asked this before but what exactly does Grealish contribute to this team. A total waste of money.
Rant over !
Jack contributed a treble last season and a league the season before. You must have missed those games?

The rest of your analysis I agree with.

A bit of hyperbole and histrionics in here, though some of it I agree with. But the reality is that sides evolve over the course of the season and Chelsea is simply playing better than they were. Look at Wolves vs. where they were, or, hell Spurs Spursing themselves again, or Villa who's come on. Just because x happened earlier doesn't mean x will happen all season long. I thought a draw would be a decent result here as with many away fixtures against sides that aren't utter dross which Chelsea aren't.
I completely get form is a factor and theyre certainly improving but they're still not in especially great form, spurs would have battered them last week had they kept 11 men on the pitch and brentford beat them 2-0 in Chelsea's last home game. They arent currently at the level where a team who wants to be champions shouldn't be expecting 3 points.

That's pretty much how I feel, midfield and defence were quite poor today. I really wanted the win too and it's disappointing due to our level of performance in those areas.

Given everything it would have been superb to get out of there with three points. Ahh well.

Rodri speaks to Sky Sports

"We feel a bit exhausted to be honest, after a game with that rhythm. It wasn’t our best performance and individually we can look at ourselves, because conceding four goals is not normal for us.
We played the game they wanted. They want to play with quick transitions and are a better team in those situations. We struggled to play our game. We gave the ball away too often and could have been more patient. But we’re a team – we support each other and we’ll move forward. Big credit to Chelsea, they have good players and they put us under pressure."

Raheem Sterling

"Yeah it was a good game. We fought back a few times and that showed our mentality. [On his partial celebration] Yeah, scoring’s such a good feeling, but then you remember it’s your old club so you don’t overdo it.
We’ve been trying build slowly but surely since the manager came in. There have been some setbacks but we continue to work, even after some disappointing results. We’re making steps, little by little, and long may it continue.
[Did you want to show City what they once had?] I had a great time at City. People know what I can do, and with the foundation the manager has laid out here you just try to go out and perform."
Cole Palmer

"It felt very strange playing against City for the first time. I’ve got the utmost respect for a club I spent 15 years at, and it was nice to see some friends. I thought we were unlucky not to get the win but it was another great game. [
It was a long time waiting for the penalty, but I’ve scored a few and I felt confident. I’m not gonna say I work on penalties because I don’t – I trust in my natural ability, and thankfully it went in."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.