Chelsea(A) - Post Match Thread

Lol, not like you to be a doom monger.

Out of interest, who would you drop to bring in Bernardo?

Sane is treading a very fine line last couple games, showing his immaturity still.

Not much to choose between him and Sterling in terms of making room for Bernardo.

Did I mention we were fucking immense yesterday ;)

Ederson is a boss.

Just watched the 90mins now. Surprised Otamendi's performance is not getting more praise. He was really very good.

Not a big fan of Ota in the past and that free kick at the end could have been costly. Having said all that though he had a very good game and him and Stones with Eddie behind developing into a good partnership. So yes very good yesterday and the last few games.

I’m sure it’s already been said on here somewhere but in this guy we have a new hero in the mold of mad Mario. The difference is this guy also has the brains and work ethic to make the most of his talent.

Bloody hell todays game has made a natural curmudgeonly old cynic like myself start to actually believe that our manager is about to unleash all kinds of holy hell on staid, boring, “pick the big lad” English football.

History is about to be rewritten. And it’s beautiful, just beautiful to anticipate.

It certainly is. When Pep was appointed, Henry Winter wrote: He will revolutionise English football. I believe him. Consider this England have enough talent to play this way. I know it's harder be cos the players only meet up for short times, but England's biggest failing is tempo and a poor transition...all that square passing at the back followed by a long ball.. But England Have Stones, Walker, Alli, Ka ne, Delph, Rashford, Sterling....what is stopping us ??

Sane is treading a very fine line last couple games, showing his immaturity still.

Not much to choose between him and Sterling in terms of making room for Bernardo.

Did I mention we were fucking immense yesterday ;)

Ederson is a boss.
Maybe Stoke or Burnley at home would be a game to give him a start, I certainly wouldn't underestimate how much work Raz and Leroy did yesterday with their pressing, not sure Bernardo would have suited a game like that quite yet.

Agree about Ederson, he's a fucking monster.

I have been telling people that the football played by City last evening was the best football the PL has ever seen.
The more we say it - the more it will be believed.
Finally one journo will repeat it and hey ho ! - City are immense........

I woke up at 4am so watched the whole game back,i can relax and appreciate the beauty of how we play,this year we are getting the results as well,it all starts with steady eddie

Does anyone have a link to the Full match highlights ? - would love to watch again.
Ta......

I don't know if people read ESPN i usually don't but today i saw that Mark Ogden had written about yesterdays game, he hates city so i was interested if he said anything positive about us this time. Unfortunately most of his text was a dig at Sterling...... Below was half of Mark Ogdens match review.... Enjoy

''Pep Guardiola personally vetoed any prospect of Raheem Sterling moving to Arsenal as part of a swap deal for Alexis Sanchez on transfer deadline day, insisting there was "no chance" he would allow the winger to leave Manchester City.

But while Guardiola makes no secret of his admiration for the former Liverpool player, Sterling continues to infuriate the City manager with his decision-making in the final third.

Guardiola believes that Sterling can become one of the best attacking players in Europe, but there is no question that he wants him to become more clinical and ruthless when in and around the penalty area.

In the first half at Stamford Bridge, Guardiola reacted furiously when, after being picked out unmarked on the right, Sterling failed to find a City teammate with a cross into the penalty area.

It was a sloppy cross by Sterling, who rushed his delivery, and Guardiola made a pointed gesture at the England wide man to register his annoyance.

And moments later, after another failure to make the right pass, Guardiola summoned Sterling across to the touchline to give him a pep talk about the need to sharpen up.

Sterling has scored five league goals already this season, so he is clearly doing something right, but he continues to give the impression that he could contribute so much more.

He needs to be more measured and colder when in the final third.''

Maybe Stoke or Burnley at home would be a game to give him a start, I certainly wouldn't underestimate how much work Raz and Leroy did yesterday with their pressing, not sure Bernardo would have suited a game like that quite yet.

Agree about Ederson, he's a fucking monster.

I think Bernie is quite a tenacious little chap and has no problem pressing opponents.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.