Chelsea(A) - Post Match Thread

Left ours to travel on the V1 at 9 o`clock Saturday morning. Then, train, walk, tube, walk, pub the White House in Parsons Green. Walked to ground, watched the fantastic match, walked back to Parsons Green tube on off different tube lines go back to Euston at 21.02. Last train left at 21.01 had to go to Victory and then walk to the Coach Station. arrived at M.I.A at 4.30 hot and sweaty and fucked. Walked to find a fucking taxi got in at 5am this morning.

Well worth every discomfort.

C.O.Y.B.
should of left 20 mins early to beat the traffic :)

hats of to you for the dedication(or bad planning :))

Bit more lightweight though, I think Chelsea would have tried to bully him a bit.

TBH, I quite like that we haven't had to rush him into the side, he's getting chance to settle in properly and learn the City/Pep way.

I agree it's good that we have not had to rush him in. I don't think his lack of physical presence is much of an issue but I do think he needs to get used to how quickly opponents will get a tackle in.

After yesterday and all the plaudits - on here and elsewhere - I really want to see City put in performances like that against supposedly weaker teams.
Stoke next up at The Etihad - Mark Hughes and all...........
Pep will need to remind the team that he wants 'perfection ' every game............beat Stoke 4 or 5 nil - that should be the aim.

After that, Burnley.

Not lost v Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea, Everton.

That's not a fluke.

All this about Otamendi did anyone see his pass before the goal that completely took out the whole Chelsea midfield? No? Okay.
I thought he played well but he did nearly spoil it with that tackle he didn't really have to make,but he and the rest of the defence have kept 6 clean sheets so big props for that

I agree it's good that we have not had to rush him in. I don't think his lack of physical presence is much of an issue but I do think he needs to get used to how quickly opponents will get a tackle in.
Ligue 1 is an incredibly physical league though, about half full of Mohammed Diame/Moussa Sissokho types, he's really not going to be shocked at having people try and barge him over. He might be shocked at how much the referees just ignore it when people do it to our players mind, as Leroy certainly was yesterday when they got away with about 10 blatant, cynical off the ball takeouts.

All this about Otamendi did anyone see his pass before the goal that completely took out the whole Chelsea midfield? No? Okay.
Many on here think he can't pass, goes to ground too much and is basically poor. Bollocks of course but there you go.
He only ever goes to ground if desperate means are required and since our full backs and keeper have been upgraded there isn't much need for that.
As to bad passing - well that's rubbish too. As yesterday's pass to trigger the winning goal should confirm.

Pass of the match. He initiates the entire attack with that ball. He didn't need to play it, he had safe options, but he decided to try to change the game. Not getting the credit he deserves!

I don't know how it came across on the telly, but the defensive work Sane, Sterling and Jesus got through yesterday was prodigious to say the least. All of them hounded the life out of Chelsea's players as soon as we turned over possession and reduced their options to zero. Sane reminded me of Ian Rush a couple of times as he hurtled back and forth after their defenders, he was that dogged.
All in all (and particularly considering who the opposition were) I thought that was one of the most emphatic, professional and skilful displays I've ever seen from a City team. We owned them from first to last
It was magnificent, mate. I posted straight after the game how impressed I was with the work the front 3 put in and that it wasn't to be underestimated considering on the face of it it looked like they didn't have great games.

I couldn't quite believe what I was watching, I was away on a golfing trip, so in a bar quite hammered watching the game, but kept expecting an onslaught from Chelsea, it just never came.

Pass of the match. He initiates the entire attack with that ball. He didn't need to play it, he had safe options, but he decided to try to change the game. Not getting the credit he deserves!
Agreed.
He is a take no prisoners type and can misjudge sometimes but it's all about taking risk that pays off if all goes well.
Huge credit for taking the risk .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.