Chelsea (a) post-match thread

How is it that we've spent shit loads on full backs in recent seasons, yet have one half decent one in Walker to show for it. As it stands we need major surgery on the squad this summer to catch Liverpool next season, the squad is old and needs refreshing. Priority this summer should be a forward, centre half and two full backs ( again).

this massive over haul needed by some on here seems a bit ott.i think we need 3 players a top centre back and a top left back and a forward who can play across the front three.

Add a proper fast tough tackling holding midfield player, Rodri isn't it.

very entertaining for the neutral. Sadly im not neutral. really decent stuff with the ball and some fucking rotten stuff without it. i dont really recall a game where we struggled to get it back like that. Surely Europe's best wont be quivering their boots seeing that.

How is it that we've spent shit loads on full backs in recent seasons, yet have one half decent one in Walker to show for it. As it stands we need major surgery on the squad this summer to catch Liverpool next season, the squad is old and needs refreshing. Priority this summer should be a forward, centre half and two full backs ( again).

Walker has been more than ’half decent'....

Chelsea fan very much here in peace.

Had there been any chance that you winning last night would have put pressure on Liverpool then perhaps my feelings may have been different but at this point in time our focus rightly has to be all about us so as you will no doubt appreciate I am delighted with the three points.

I despise Liverpool with a passion the city, the stadium but above all the supporters. But it would be churlish to not acknowledge how good they are and congratulate them on what is a remarkable season.

The three games in such a short period clearly hurt you but what was key was travelling to London without the normal sort of preparations that top footballers have become used to.Add to that the baking temperatures and of course the pace of the game.

Again it would be churlish not to acknowledge the quality of your play but from a Chelsea perspective I thought we did well and whilst I cant believe that Sterling or Mahrez didn’t score the same could very much be said for Mount and Walkers clearance off the line shouldn’t be forgotten.

Your team and squad has been something else the quality of your play over the last few years has been breathtaking but the loss of Kompany hasn’t been addressed and when you look at the ages of some of your stalwarts you do wonder at which point the powers that be at your club start the massive squad overhaul that will be needed.

Thats not a criticism it’s just reality age waits for no man and all that.That said Foden looks to have been managed incredibly well and is a rare talent so losing Silva probably won’t be felt the same as the impact losing Kompany has had on you.

The reason I linked the above post was just to make the point that at this point in time Chelsea are still in this seasons CL and yes I know that we are 3-0 down in the tie with Bayern but as we all know anything can happen in football.I thought it ironic that the poster rightly levelled criticism at BT but made the same error themselves

Be safe and best wishes going forward.
Agree with that mate, we were flagging badly towards the end of the game yesterday I think it was a game too far like you say the third in eight days. It could've quite easily been 4-4 last night, that second half was bonkers. Hopefully it's a kick up the arse we need and we regroup for next season. All the best for the remainder of the season.

One half decent one’ - I’d say Walker is a bit more then decent. He’s been excellent for us for a few years now

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.