Chelsea (A) | Post-Match Thread

Great job against Chelsea - clearly we were up for the game.

When we press as a team for the full 90 as we did against Chelsea, we're the best side in world football.

Let's hope that we can sustain this level of effort over our next 2 games. With a win against PSG - we might possibly even be on the way towards knocking them out of the C/L.

Admittedly, I didn't see the whole game, just the "highlights" on MOTD.

But I was wondering if, considering the previous three meetings, where Tuchel appears to know how to play against City, if the signing of Lukaku for them could be a mistake? Does he slow them down?

As good as Lukaku is, and as poor as the Werner has been, I think they needed more of a 'fox in the box', pacy, fast- footed player to feed off the fast paced breaks. A Gabriel Jesus type of player.

For me, I'm not sure Lukaku is their answer. Good if you put it over his head to run onto and he'll turn you every time if you go touch tight, but give him a couple of yards and as others have pointed out, he then just becomes a flick on merchant. Alright, maybe a bit sarcastic there, but you get my drift.
Two of the City v Chelsea games were 2nd City teams. Too much got made of Tuchel having Pep's number.

I think Lukaku is a player who will score loads of goals against weaker sides but that is good. Chelsea fell down last season because they could not score goals so they'd dominate sides and end up losing.

Two of the City v Chelsea games were 2nd City teams. Too much got made of Tuchel having Pep's number.

I think Lukaku is a player who will score loads of goals against weaker sides but that is good. Chelsea fell down last season because they could not score goals so they'd dominate sides and end up losing.
I remember when Potchetino, Mourinho and Klopp "had Pep's number" too.

A nonsense football cliche.

It's funny how Chelsea has been such an important marker for us since Pep arrived. The centurion season, last season, and this season: always feels more than 3 points, it's the season, team shape and belief taking hold. Funny how that works.

I haven’t been there since the ECWC semi-final in 1971. I went a few times in the mid to late 1960s. It was a weird ground very dilapidated but with some character.

The first time I went, a group of us missed the kick-off despite leaving Manchester at midnight on the Friday night. We got drinking with some Fulham fans in a pub by the Thames and underestimated the time to walk to the stadium.

I used to hate watching Chelsea back then. They were always very negative and packed the midfield with hatchet-men and would smother the play. They were certainly the dirtiest team in the first division back then (alongside Leeds). This was demonstrated in the 1970 FA Cup final against Leeds United which was an exercise in brutality.

Remember when Fantasy Football League got a current referee to watch a video of the match and issue red and yellow cards as appropriate. There would have scarcely been any players left in the pitch by the end. I only saw the initial match. I missed the replay as I was in Vienna.
First time was 66/67 0-0,also the ECWC semi 71 0-1 last time FA CUP win 3-0 71.

Not the result I expected but over the bluemoon. I think gaining 3 points against Chelsea nets losing 5 against Spurs/Southampton?

Reactions: JDV
Just watched the full match on City+1

City were amazing, Chelsea like to moan at the ref ever 5 minutes.

The commenter on City+1 needs to learn the players names lol at one point he called Eddy , Mendes !!! Unless he was so far behind as to what was happening on the pitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.