Chelsea (A) | Post-Match Thread

I only got to see the live game last night due to some kind posters on here posting some links.
For much of the BT commentary I couldn’t believe what I was hearing from Fletcher - for a an hour we were playing against 9 men parked in their area waiting for a mistake to put a long through to Werner or Lukakoo. Yet we got criticised for having no penetration against a wall of defence. They were the home team and they’ve beaten us in the last three, yet we’re expected to take the game to them!! Even pointy defended us at one point on this.
As already been posted many players were excellent yesterday. For me Berni, Grealish, Cancelo, Dias were all excellent. De Bruyne looked a bit rusty and his distribution wasn’t up to his high standards. Jesus looks like a new player and he’s really enjoying himsef.

I think Sterling could be an option vs Liverpool
Liverpool will press us very hard and attempt to stop us playing out from the back. Southampton with inferior players did this extremely well last week
What I noticed in the Southampton game is that when Eddie had the ball, our front three on the half way line (Torres, Gabby, Grealish) were ball watching and none attempted to run in behind to give Eddie a chance at a long pass
Sterling has his faults, but he'll do this and it would be a great option to beat the press
Nah, Sterling usually shits the bed at Anfield

I think Sterling could be an option vs Liverpool
Liverpool will press us very hard and attempt to stop us playing out from the back. Southampton with inferior players did this extremely well last week
What I noticed in the Southampton game is that when Eddie had the ball, our front three on the half way line (Torres, Gabby, Grealish) were ball watching and none attempted to run in behind to give Eddie a chance at a long pass
Sterling has his faults, but he'll do this and it would be a great option to beat the press
Sterling? Against liverpool? At anfield? Has that ever worked before?
I’d expect him to start midweek but I’m not sure about him next Sunday

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.