Chelsea (a) pre-match thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vital game, but Chelsea seem to have slightly gone off the boil of late and if their defence plays like they did against Chelsea we will be fine.

Same team as last night but Laporte in for Vinny and possible Sterling in for Gabby.

Keep Hazard quiet we win

If we keep hounding Jorginho and the centre halves when they have the ball and bypass Kante in our own build up we should win this game.
Hopefully Kante bizarrely plays in the more advanced midfield role against us, as well.

I think the team will be as most are saying, only issue if Aguero is fit but the reports the other day said up to 2 weeks, so I think it will be Jesus.

Obviously a very tough game, avoid defeat and we'll still be top regardless what pool do (unless they win both games by an avalanche) and Chelsea, pool, arse, spurs away are all boxed off.

I think we'll win though, 0-2.

Cant wait for this, should be a good day out.

He could well give Dinho kittens in that role but once he's bypassed they'll be wide open.

Genuinely think Fern is a better all round player that Kante, seems only this season he's really getting the credit. Kante is a hell of a player though and that will be a key battle if they play close to one another.

He could well give Dinho kittens in that role but once he's bypassed they'll be wide open.
Not sure he will.

Each time I have watched him in the last few games he has mostly looked a bit lost and the midfield he was meant to be harassing at a high point (my guess for the tactic) were easily able to pass around him, without the wing play to bypass that we’ll likely employ, mostly due to his other midfield partners not being particularly interested in pressing. I think Dinho’s performance yesterday (that one poor attempt at a first time pass back aside) is actually evidence he should be fine against Kante.

We’ll soon find out, though.

Not sure he will.

Each time I have watched him in the last few games he has mostly looked a bit lost and the midfield he was meant to be harassing at a high point (my guess for the tactic) were easily able to pass around him, without the wing play to bypass that we’ll likely employ, mostly due to his other midfield partners not being particularly interested in pressing. I think Dinho’s performance yesterday (that one poor attempt at a first time pass back aside) is actually evidence he should be fine against Kante.

We’ll soon find out, though.
Oh I think we'll bypass him easy enough, just think he'll stick to Dinho like shit to a blanket and we'll have to use Walker/Delph/Silva coming out of defence and Stones or Laporte stepping up to recycle the ball during attacks.

No point chancing players who are not fit, it's a long season, would prefer them 100% for Liverpool. KDB did not find his mojo until about the 3rd game after his last injury. Sergio has a minor groin injury they can recur without rest.

IMO play Sterling as a false 9?

I would like us to have KDB and Sergio but we have to look at the whole season.

I find the notion of playing Sterling frankly bizarre.

A, that cost us the derby.
B, Sterling doesn’t play in his best position. Weakens us.
B.1, our attac/team is at its best with a striker & Sané & Sterling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.