Chelsea (A) - Sat 25 Sep 12:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be tempted to go all out attacking instead of midfield control. we are anyway going to leak goals so why not make it a high scoring game? Put sterling and foden on wings and KDB and Jack in mid and any attacker on the striker position
Sounds just like a Pep plan….NOT. I’d love us to go all out for it as well. Start with pace and dominate midfield…create chances and take them. We’ll see…

If we get anything from this game, I predict we'll win the league. A bit too early in the season for the next 3 games with injuries and players coming back. And if we lose, we just need to stay within 5 or 6 points by the turn of the year to mount a real assault on the title (again).
Very true but we could be 9 points adrift of Chelski, the rags and dippers come the international break. If so we would need to go on a run to make sure the gap is manageable come December. Should we lose the next two games the margin for error is practically non existent.

If Stones,Laporte and Rodri are missing,with Kev only at 80/90%,and Dinho looking 136,then we are gonna struggle.

I'd be tempted to play Gündy and Bernardo deeper in a two with Jesus, Foden, De Bruyne and Grealish ahead of them in that case. At least Gündy and Bernie can pass the ball through a press

Ederson

Walker
Dias
Laporte/Stones/Aké
Cancelo

Gündy
Bernardo

Jesus
Foden
Grealish

De Bruyne

Yes, those are the Big 6...

I was talking about this season specifically. The game against Arsenal was not a 3pm kickoff FYI. After Saturdays game, City will have played 3 big 6 teams and 2 of those will have been early kickoffs. I've not looked that far ahead, for the other games, I just find it surprising and wondered if there was a reason for it. At least they weren't both home game though.
Usual reason for early games on a Saturday involving the big teams is European football in the following week. If you are away on a Tuesday night it helps to wrap things up early on a Saturday. Obviously playing on a Sunday is out of the question. Now Friday nights is another option when available but the broadcasters don't like scheduling big games at this time. I think Munich play sometimes on a Friday and this is said to give them an edge over some of their opponents.

we did not have Jack in the mid who can carry the ball into the box when they press and we played foden as false 9 which was stupid as he was not influencing the game
I think De Bruyne started out as the false-9 in that game. The point remains that Pep clearly prioritised trying to score the first goal at the expense of midfield solidity with that lineup

So Aké it is..

Looks like it. Hopefully Stones and Laporte won't be released for international duty the following week. Fuckin joke that Stones has not played much for City this season but played 3 games for England who as far as I am aware don't pay his wages.

I think De Bruyne started out as the false-9 in that game. The point remains that Pep clearly prioritised trying to score the first goal at the expense of midfield solidity with that lineup
no he did not, he tried to control the midfiled too much. the players who were in the middle were all safe players who simply kept the ball and did nothing. I am saying put KDB and Grealish in the middle and fast players on the wing and a proper forward. this is the opposite of what we did in the CL final.

Usual reason for early games on a Saturday involving the big teams is European football in the following week. If you are away on a Tuesday night it helps to wrap things up early on a Saturday. Obviously playing on a Sunday is out of the question. Now Friday nights is another option when available but the broadcasters don't like scheduling big games at this time. I think Munich play sometimes on a Friday and this is said to give them an edge over some of their opponents.
Hmm, never thought of it that way. Makes sense that.

no he did not, he tried to control the midfiled too much. the players who were in the middle were all safe players who simply kept the ball and did nothing. I am saying put KDB and Grealish in the middle and fast players on the wing and a proper forward. this is the opposite of what we did in the CL final.

The idea was to score first and then keep possession. If the aim was midfield solidity he'd have played Rodri or Fernandinho. Instead he shoehorned Sterling in for extra attacking movement to try and open up Chelsea and score early

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.