Chelsea (A) - Sat 25 Sep 12:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This game worries me. Chelsea are on a high and we might lose this one if our defense is not at its best!

We need one of Stones or Laporte to be back if possible. And then Rodri hopefully.

Fernandinho struggled in the last game and Ake might not be able to cope with Chelsea. Then again I might be right and they might be our best players on the day

Up front I think Foden, Grealish, KDB, Mahrez and Bernardo should be in the mix

So I would line up:

Ederson
Walker
Stones/Laporte/Ake
Dias
Cancelo
Rodri/Fernandinho
Bernardo
KDB
Mahrez
Foden
Grealish

Gundo is injured so not sure if he will be back

Sterling should sit this one out. Ferran I would love him to play but maybe we need a false 9 for this one

Jesus to come in second half

This fixture has the feel of the match away to Liverpool 19/20. We’re going in looking a little undercooked, we have some injury doubts and their in great form. Having said that we are a better balanced side now. I think a lot depends on what side we can put out and what team Pep picks.

Personally if Laporte and Stones were fit I’d go 3-4-3. What killed us in the champions league final is both Chelsea wing backs got one and one with our full backs repeatedly. Once they did they switched they play and had overloads wide. It pulled out centre backs all over the place. We can’t afford to give Lukaku the number of chances that Werner had. If we do we could be in for an awful afternoon.

We don’t know how Pep will approach this one. Most of the time he sets us up brilliantly, but occasionally, usually Champions League, the changes the system that neither negates the opposition nor plays to our strengths.

At least with Chelsea away we have 2 huge season defining wins (2017/18 and last season) so we’ve won big matches there recently.

Who are the big 6? City United Liverpool Chelsea arsenal spurs? Not sure we've ever played United or Liverpool at that time. Spurs this season was 4.30, arsenal 3pm.
Yes, those are the Big 6...

I was talking about this season specifically. The game against Arsenal was not a 3pm kickoff FYI. After Saturdays game, City will have played 3 big 6 teams and 2 of those will have been early kickoffs. I've not looked that far ahead, for the other games, I just find it surprising and wondered if there was a reason for it. At least they weren't both home game though.

Last edited:
United are playing at half 12 as well and they’re not even on tv
Villa aren't a Big 6 club and I did say global TV audience. I'm pretty sure 3pm kickoffs do better viewer numbers domestically. I was just wondering, it wouldn't surprise me because the PL do take of overseas broadcasting revenue.

Yes those are the Big 6...

I was talking about this season specifically. The game against Arsenal was not a 3pm kickoff FYI. After Saturdays game, City will have played 3 big 6 teams and 2 of those will have been early kickoffs. I've not looked that far ahead, for the other games, I just find it surprising and wondered if there was a reason for it.

You're right. Arsenal wasn't 3pm. I went to the game as well. Tbh, I don't think we're that hard done game time wise. There's clubs who play away in Europe on a Wednesday night who then play 12.30 Saturday.

I also don't think we're a global audience club. I think the only time we've been moved because of another countries viewing figures was when we played Everton nearly 20 years ago at 11.30 in the morning and both had a China man playing for us

PiGMOL giving the fixture the respect it deserves with that team of on the pitch officials.

I expect a tense game won by either a moment of brilliance or incompetence from OliVAR.

I also don't think we're a global audience club. I think the only time we've been moved because of another countries viewing figures was when we played Everton nearly 20 years ago at 11.30 in the morning and both had a China man playing for us
From what I hear, we do good numbers outside of the UK for TV views, it's just that we don't have the global support that travels to games yet.

Given the week we’re facing and the fact that we take some time to get going, I imagine we’d be satisfied with a draw.

A Chelsea victory and it could become a case of who can stop you: three London derbies safely navigated (two away) and a point at Anfield with ten men. You’ve had a tough start but after us face 6 eminently winnable games before you host that lot at the end of November.

Most Chelsea fans I know would take a draw here too, I mean it's City. I can't remember the last time I felt we were the better team and we should definitely win against you. Maybe in the Pellegrini days? I don't know, but obviously the opportunity to put 6 points between us and City is there, and it will be disappointing if we don't take that opportunity.

I think a loss this weekend would take the shine off what has been an impressive start to the season for us with a tough schedule, but as you say, whatever the result, we have a much easier run of games coming up while Liverpool have City and United, you lot have Liverpool and United on the horizon.

What's KDB's status? He always scares the shit out of me. If he's fit, then he invariably helps others like Sterling, Torres, Mahrez look great too.

Most Chelsea fans I know would take a draw here too, I mean it's City. I can't remember the last time I felt we were the better team and we should definitely win against you. Maybe in the Pellegrini days? I don't know, but obviously the opportunity to put 6 points between us and City is there, and it will be disappointing if we don't take that opportunity.

I think a loss this weekend would take the shine off what has been an impressive start to the season for us with a tough schedule, but as you say, whatever the result, we have a much easier run of games coming up while Liverpool have City and United, you lot have Liverpool and United on the horizon.

What's KDB's status? He always scares the shit out of me. If he's fit, then he invariably helps others like Sterling, Torres, Mahrez look great too.

De Bruyne, Foden, Sterling and Mahrez all played 90 minutes last night and all looked sharp. Our bigger concern is at the back - Stones, Laporte, Zinchenko and Rodri will all probably miss out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.