Chelsea (A) - Sun 18th Aug '24 | Post Match Thread

Only question from today is, does Pep trust the bench? I dont think he made a single sub.
A part from foden coming on for a injury.
Considering he was one of the loudest advocates for five subs, he does seem to have an aversion for using numerous subs. Only the one this afternoon, which was forced on him by the injury to Sav.

Do not underestimate what a huge win that is
Chelsea are a top four side and that is a "massive" three points
Not sure about Chelsea being a top four side. They spent big last summer and took ages to get themselves together and it could be the same this time round as they've gone for the scatter-gun approach again.
It was a huge win due to UEFA enlarging their international tournament so that too many top players don't get a break meaning we start each season undercooked. Some worrying signs that I'm putting down to rustiness, and some very encouraging signs from Savinho, Lewis and Kova.

Good win. Hopefully that Savio fella is fine as he looked good. Him and Doku will frighten defences this season. Ex defenders always say they hated players who run at them, well we've got a couple. People need to cut Doku a bit of slack, first game of the season and everyone thought he should be hitting crosses like prime KdB.

Decent start, but Chelsea were awful. One man team. Stop Palmer and you stop Chelsea.

Chelsea could be the key to City winning the league again. Not many of the top teams will go and get the 3 points off them at their ground, They have the making of a very good team with a very good coach if they give him time.

Palmer can be a World class player but I feel his attitude stinks, It is a case of dare you drop me type of player power waiting to happen again.

Also, I have no ill will towards Palmer, but I thought that performance when he has to be disciplined was very much what we saw at City. I think the press have overhyped a lad who came into a shite Chelsea side with no discipline at all and told to do what he wants. I've no doubt any of our attacking players would be a bright spark playing like that, but you won't win anything playing like that either.
Exactly this...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.