Chelsea (A) - Sun 18th Aug '24 | Post Match Thread

Considering he was one of the loudest advocates for five subs, he does seem to have an aversion for using numerous subs. Only the one this afternoon, which was forced on him by the injury to Sav.

Not really. He wanted the extra subs to get more players off and rested up once games are won.

He’s never been a big sub user in tight games.

Might have been asked already, but anyone know why chelsea didn't have a main shirt sponsor ?

Good win boys, a few nervous moments, but overall controlled things with less possession than normal.

Probably the same reason they didn’t at the start of last season. They want more money than anyone’s prepared to pay.

Let's not get too excited people. Yes, it's 3 points against a very very disorganised Chelsea team who have 43 players in their squad. Raheem Sterling not even makiing the 20 on the day is totally beyond me, he came back 2 weeks earlier and didn't go to the Euros either? I'm personally glad that statement was put out despite what the pundits said. Raheem will go to Palace or somewhere I think on deadline day I reckon. A great 3 points however and with the likes of Stones, Foden (who came on for 45 mins) Rodri (of course) and others, an ideal start.
A long way to go, but Pep is a master at things like conditioning players for the crucial title run in. Savinho was brilliant and he's going to be a special signing, hope his injury isn't too bad.

Last edited:
Not sure about Chelsea being a top four side. They spent big last summer and took ages to get themselves together and it could be the same this time round as they've gone for the scatter-gun approach again.
It was a huge win due to UEFA enlarging their international tournament so that too many top players don't get a break meaning we start each season undercooked. Some worrying signs that I'm putting down to rustiness, and some very encouraging signs from Savinho, Lewis and Kova.
Can’t see anything other than a top four of us, arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea, with villa, rags, Newcastle and spurs battling for 5th - 8th

Solid performance all things considered. A really difficult game as Chelsea have no idea what their first 11 is yet. They’re going to get stronger which bodes well for us having that fixture out of the way. We’ll become more fluid too and we’ve plenty to come back in.

Special mentions to Rico, Kovacic and Bernardo. All looked superb.

Great win and an already important 3 points.

If Doku can find an end product he’ll be one of the best players in the league. I thought he had his boots on the wrong feet in the first half. Let’s hope it’s just a rusty game because he walked past their fullback on both sides plenty of times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.