Chelsea,a warning for our future support?

meeesh said:
OK I stand corrected,we had shit attendances that season in the third tier of English football
no we didnt we had very high attendances for that level of football

I think yesterday was an extension to the title celebrations in May. We won that game in the last minute and the celebrations were done and dusted 45 minutes later. Most people were still in a blur. I think yesterday gave people the chance to show the players how much it had meant and that is why the atmosphere was so good.

I saw many a half/half scarf being worn yesterday though....Not sure why

Dont get me wrong Im loving the success but Im a bit gutted because I know I will have to stop going when we become everything I despise about the rags. Arrogance, cockneys and prawn sarnies. Couldnt sit with 60k of these muppits every week

as long as its cheap/reasonable affordable than we will never become like that, chelseas proper fans got priced out

Tbilisi said:
Had a great day yesterday,took my youngest,showed him a proper City day out.

I could not believe how poor in noise terms the Chelsea support was.As an older Blue I can remember Chelsea being one of the noisiest set of fans around but yesterday was pathetic from them.1984 Friday night game at MR a prime example

Got me thinking,could this ever happen to our support after a few years of success - like the Rags,Arsenal etc,more like going to the theatre expecting to be entertained?

Must admit its not where I want City to go.When 1 - 0 down my lad was distraught - had to give him a lesson in dealing with adversity but to be honest he has not known it with City!

Never happen with City tbh..those years in the depths and the doldrums saw to that.. we came out strong and will always remain so..
Commentators always talk about how good citys support is and quite right too,probably had sommat to do with the takeover too if Im honest.

cheddar404 said:
meeesh said:
You get my point,for fuck sake stop being pedantic,it's not City fans fault if the away support didn't sell out

To be fair, our home attendances were starting to fall to around 23-24k even with large away followings that season. They picked up again when the results picked up. It's a myth that we sold out most of our matches in the second division. Don't get me wrong, our support was excellent though.

My uncle was getting free tickets sent to him before match days

bluebannana said:
as long as its cheap/reasonable affordable than we will never become like that, chelseas proper fans got priced out

Nail, Head

I had a discussion last night after the Villa game with a few blues who had each 8,000+ points, so 24,000+ in total.
The discussion was about loyalty and my opinion that the points system doesn't mean shit if you can't afford to get to games... I made the point that he could have 3x more points than myself - but if you can't afford your seat and I can - The club will prefer me over him.

I was surprised that he seemed to never of thought about it like this.

if or when we begin to get priced out of the club, people like myself (on low incomes) will no longer be active supporters.
This will greatly affect the atmosphere as this is influenced by Alcohol/Drugs and if your ticket prices increase... You have less beer money.

The solution is stadium expansion and Safe Standing (Rail)
Increasing the numbers in the stadium, and hopefully the club reduce the ticket prices for the standing areas.
The seating areas would more than likely go up in price, with an emphasis on cheap seating for future supporters (children)

But will this happen? it's a pipe dream of mine, hopefully one day we will see this at City.
For now reality is - increase in your seat pricing year on year, general admission ticketing increase and this will be in response to Tourist Tommy's disposable income who will want to get to a one-off game.

Me personally, I'll just go and watch this new U-21 League :-D

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.