Chelsea away (half price)

Strange goings on indeed, a London away game selling out at 11,000 that's on TV, half price or not this is very fishy. Barcelona away sold out at 9,000 so I'm not having it that this high demand was because the pricing is right, the pricing is right at home for cup games but we still have to nearly give tickets away. I'm not convinced.

Bluebee2 said:
Strange goings on indeed, a London away game selling out at 11,000 that's on TV, half price or not this is very fishy. Barcelona away sold out at 9,000 so I'm not having it that this high demand was because the pricing is right, the pricing is right at home for cup games but we still have to nearly give tickets away. I'm not convinced.

We got a bigger ticket allocation for Barcelona away, plus you can gain 1,000 points by going every club scheme and platinum which makes it atleast 10,000 plus the games you'd have been and smaller allocation for Chelsea. I'm surprised though as Arsenal sold out at what it did I expected the same

Bluebee2 said:
This is the biggest match of the season.
Selling out at 11000 points this season is the equivilant of 10000 last year.
It started at 13000 for Chelsea,but remember that includes anyone up to 18000 points.
Supporters having that many points are sure to have purchased a ticket,so if there are 1500/2000 in that group it dosnt leave many over,add in your supporters clubs and corporate,rightly or wrongly and they will soon sell 3000 tickets

Chappie said:
Bluebee2 said:
It started at 13000 for Chelsea,but remember that includes anyone up to 18000 points.
Supporters having that many points are sure to have purchased a ticket,so if there are 1500/2000 in that group it dosnt leave many over,add in your supporters clubs and corporate,rightly or wrongly and they will soon sell 3000 tickets

Supporters Club Allocations have been halved for Chelski so that isn't the issue. The top of the table glamour clash will be the main factor, along with increased numbers of tickets for corporates and players and staff.

Tim of the Oak said:
Chappie said:
Bluebee2 said:

Supporters Club Allocations have been halved for Chelski so that isn't the issue. The top of the table glamour clash will be the main factor, along with increased numbers of tickets for corporates and players and staff.
Halved from what ?
Our branch has been cut,but still got 20,and they are by no means the biggest.Multiply that a few times and I would suggest that is part of the issue

Utd away sold out at 10,000 last season.

I bet 99% of people who have enough points would buy a ticket for that game, if they were going or not.. Them tickets went on Sale in February last year.

Its pretty much 1000 points if you renew your season ticket on Platinum, plus the 3 cup schemes. Add that onto the 14 away games this year including Everton and that's another 560 points for Platinum holders. So, some people can gain 1500 points on this season alone.

With the above I'm not surprised at all it sold out at 11,000 points. However id love to know how many tickets actually went on sale to Supporters with enough points. Id guess at 1500 with the rest frittered away to other sources. But of course no one at the club would dare to give the figures out as there would be uproar.

That £200 package up the Thames is a joke. That will be 50 tickets straight away.

Tim of the Oak said:
Chappie said:
Bluebee2 said:

Supporters Club allocations didn't get halved, they got absolutely butchered. I was amazed to miss out on 10900 points, but I'll blag one somehow. I fully expect the City end to be full of overseas tourists, as per Arsenal.

Partington_blue said:

I bet 99% of people who have enough points would buy a ticket for that game, if they were going or not.. Them tickets went on Sale in February last year.

Its pretty much 1000 points if you renew your season ticket on Platinum, plus the 3 cup schemes. Add that onto the 14 away games this year including Everton and that's another 560 points for Platinum holders. So, some people can gain 1500 points on this season alone.

With the above I'm not surprised at all it sold out at 11,000 points. However id love to know how many tickets actually went on sale to Supporters with enough points. Id guess at 1500 with the rest frittered away to other sources. But of course no one at the club would dare to give the figures out as there would be uproar.

That £200 package up the Thames is a joke. That will be 50 tickets straight away.

That bit there is my whole point, Uproar why should there be, there has to be an element of transparency as to how many tickets were available and to whom gets/got them. I missed out myself on 10,940 so obviously I am a little peeved, although not surprised. Our points system is superb but as always when a big game comes up there is always something a little bit awry with it, as nobody ever gets to know who got the tickets and how.

Bluebee2 said:
Partington_blue said:

That bit there is my whole point, Uproar why should there be, there has to be an element of transparency as to how many tickets were available and to whom gets/got them. I missed out myself on 10,940 so obviously I am a little peeved, although not surprised. Our points system is superb but as always when a big game comes up there is always something a little bit awry with it, as nobody ever gets to know who got the tickets and how.
I've been saying this for years. City have the info on points but choose not to reveal it. One can only assume it is to hide something embarrassing.
That's why I occasionally leave a blue seat ready to be ringed , because other means of getting big game tickets are more expensive than paying for 5/6 games on a seasoncard.

Is there any left on the boatrip? I was a Brylcream boy but I don't mind being a Crabfat for the day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.