Chelsea away ticket details {merged}

LongsightM13 said:
Wasn't it Wigan away a few years ago that they tried to take the piss on ticket prices, loads of blues boycotted and Whelan later admitted he got it wrong and cut the price the following season?
Direct action can work, but it needs collective strength in numbers. English fans are so used to being ripped off that I doubt we will ever see organised protests by fans, like in Europe.
Clubs are in danger of killing the goose that lays the golden egg. Big away followings are part of the premier league's USP. But away crowds are already on the wane. How many clubs take the full allocation at our place anymore?
Look at Italy for an example. Terrible games in shite, half empty stadia, a direct result of greed and complacency.

The problem with Blues boycotting somewhere like Chelsea now means that the away end will be filled with randoms, glory hunters and people more or less herded in off the street. They'll be flogging tickets through Agencies to people who've no idea how to buy tickets normally!

I did want to go to Chelsea but the ticket price is now too high and no-one I know is going.

LongsightM13 said:
Wasn't it Wigan away a few years ago that they tried to take the piss on ticket prices, loads of blues boycotted and Whelan later admitted he got it wrong and cut the price the following season?
Direct action can work, but it needs collective strength in numbers. English fans are so used to being ripped off that I doubt we will ever see organised protests by fans, like in Europe.
Clubs are in danger of killing the goose that lays the golden egg. Big away followings are part of the premier league's USP. But away crowds are already on the wane. How many clubs take the full allocation at our place anymore?
Look at Italy for an example. Terrible games in shite, half empty stadia, a direct result of greed and complacency.
Not taking into account United and Liverpool's cup away followings at our ground last season (Liverpool didn't sell out that anyway); only Everton and Tottenham sold over 2800 tickets in the away end at the Etihad last season. I would say, now, more take th reduced allocation than take the full allocation. I think fewer away fans detracts from the whole occasion. I enjoy all games more when there is a full top and bottom tier of away fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.