Chelsea away ticket details {merged}

mcfcliam said:
cheddar404 said:
mcfcliam said:
The rich and privileged popping up again on this thread.

Definitely not. If you missed out on Stoke away (£40 + travel), West Brom away (£39 + travel) and Fulham away (£49 + travel) which were all games that sold out at high points, it's not rocket science to suggest that you should have the money to do Chelsea away (£56/£59 + travel). Or is it? Is this rocket science?

I went to Stoke, Fulham and Ajax (only paid £65 due to trip being already booked)

How possibly can you justify paying £56/£59 for 90 minutes of league football?

I'm leaving it at that as it's a subject which winds me up.

I agree with Cheddar on this one mate. 2x London aways would cost the same as Stoke, West Brom and Fulham which are the games which people moaned at for not getting tickets.

Not defending the price like just dont want threads of people moaning next big game

ell said:
mcfcliam said:
cheddar404 said:
Definitely not. If you missed out on Stoke away (£40 + travel), West Brom away (£39 + travel) and Fulham away (£49 + travel) which were all games that sold out at high points, it's not rocket science to suggest that you should have the money to do Chelsea away (£56/£59 + travel). Or is it? Is this rocket science?

I went to Stoke, Fulham and Ajax (only paid £65 due to trip being already booked)

I agree with Cheddar on this one mate. 2x London aways would cost the same as Stoke, West Brom and Fulham which are the games which people moaned at for not getting tickets.

Not defending the price like just dont want threads of people moaning next big game

Agreed, the price of almost all prem football is ridiculous (Wigan excepted) but it is what it is and people will decide whether they can/will pay it.

All that is being said here is IF you couldn't get most away tickets due to low points then I would expect that you'd jump at the chance to see us somewhere away from home and pay the extra for West Ham/Chelsea if that's the only chance you're going to get. It's a personal choice I guess.

But ultimately you can't complain about having low points when not going to the games when you get the chance can you?

mcfcliam said:
cheddar404 said:
mcfcliam said:

how can you justify £49/£39 etc. etc.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
mcfcliam said:
cheddar404 said:

It's all a matter of personal choice and means. City means everything to me so all my disposable goes on watching them home, away etc with the missus and staying over, making a weekend of it blah blah.

People gladly spend £100 on a Friday night out in town including taxis etc, £100 on a concert.......everyone moans that £3.50 for a pint is ridiculous but town is still packed on a weekend....

Tonster said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
mcfcliam said:

It's all a matter of personal choice and means. City means everything to me so all my disposable goes on watching them home, away etc with the missus and staying over, making a weekend of it blah blah.

People gladly spend £100 on a Friday night out in town including taxis etc, £100 on a concert.......everyone moans that £3.50 for a pint is ridiculous but town is still packed on a weekend....

I've had a standing order to a separate account for City tickets/travel for years.I don't smoke or drink so they are my guilty pleasure and by putting £150 a month away I can always afford tickets.Suppose it depends on people's priorities and family situation

cheddar404 said:
mcfcliam said:
Tonster said:
Correct, if you can't normally get to aways then here are your chances to go and also start to catch people up. Both West Ham and Chelsea were/are both open sale so if you don't get that many chances for away games surely you'd pay a bit extra for these ones, get some points and then you might be in with a shout of closer/cheaper/more popular ones.

Alternatively you could just sit at home and then when the bigger games come round pop on here and piss and moan at not being able to get a ticket.

You are wasting your time mate, Liam just doesn't get the logic that this is aimed at those that can never go away cos of a lack of points, this is their chance...this isn't aimed at those of us that can and do go...get it yet Liam??

ell said:
mcfcliam said:
cheddar404 said:

Why do you think that only fans who missed out on those games are the only ones unhappy with quite frankly fucking ridiculous ticket prices? Whether you've got 2000 points or 12000 points you are fully justified if you think football is overpriced in England; because it is and that's shit!<br /><br />-- Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:18 pm --<br /><br />
akcity said:
cheddar404 said:
mcfcliam said:

You are wasting your time mate, Liam just doesn't get the logic that this is aimed at those that can never go away cos of a lack of points, this is their chance...this isn't aimed at those of us that can and do go...get it yet Liam??
What about those who do go and can go and still think £59 for a football match is stupid prices? Because there are many of them.

Who is saying £59 is justifiable?

If you can never get to away games at least it's a chance, albeit an expensive chance...

Before everyone slags Chelsea off, look closer to home.

City match day prices can be extortionate for some games!

akcity said:
Who is saying £59 is justifiable?

If you can never get to away games at least it's a chance, albeit an expensive chance...

Before everyone slags Chelsea off, look closer to home.

City match day prices can be extortionate for some games!
Across the country match tickets are stupid money. The thing is we're too bone idle to organise marches to do anything about it. If I said right now "right, lets organise a march for all 92 clubs to do to protest about ticket prices..." I'd get 92 sets of people telling me to fuck off.

Wasn't it Wigan away a few years ago that they tried to take the piss on ticket prices, loads of blues boycotted and Whelan later admitted he got it wrong and cut the price the following season?
Direct action can work, but it needs collective strength in numbers. English fans are so used to being ripped off that I doubt we will ever see organised protests by fans, like in Europe.
Clubs are in danger of killing the goose that lays the golden egg. Big away followings are part of the premier league's USP. But away crowds are already on the wane. How many clubs take the full allocation at our place anymore?
Look at Italy for an example. Terrible games in shite, half empty stadia, a direct result of greed and complacency.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.