Chelsea bid for Aguero?

This kid is the dogs bollock's,been watching him for two seasons now.this is the type of player we should be going
all out for.

I know nothing about Aguero other than he is being touted as one of the next big things. Personally, I would like to see Hughes buy a young talented up and coming international as an addition to the multitude of "safe" signings his low risk policy necessitates.

Uwe Rosler's Grandad said:
I know nothing about Aguero other than he is being touted as one of the next big things. Personally, I would like to see Hughes buy a young talented up and coming international as an addition to the multitude of "safe" signings his low risk policy necessitates.

yup. the problem with the 'safe' signings is that you are limited to buying players of a quality that is just below the class of player coveted by the top four. if they genuinely had that quality then in all likely-hood they would not be available, and it always seems to be the case that the best you can hope for is that they maintain their existing level of performance, because all the evidence shows they very rarely improve. this, unfortunately, seems to have been the case so far with bridge and, to a lesser extent, swp.

there are exceptions: given was available because the top four were not in the market for a keeper, and we appear to have secured barry by nipping in whilst liverpool were unable to follow up their interest. given's level of performance is excellent, genuinely amongs the very best in the premiership, let's hope barry is the same.

if we brought upson, solid defender that he is, he would improve the team this year and maybe next. but would anyone really expect him to suddenly develop to the level of a top four player at the age of 29? now how about luisao? it's the same with bellamy, he has greater quality than the team posseses already, but is it ever going to be enough to push us on to the levels we aspire to? aren't there enough players out there who have the ability to perform to an acceptable level whilst they adapt and settle, as well as the potential to become top players in a year or two?

of MH's buys, i'd hope that as kompany adapts to the prem, and matures, he will develop and display the levels of performance we saw in the first half of the season on a consistent basis. de jong has more to give. apart from that, i don't see that someone like zabaleta, or bellamy, can hope to show anything we havent already seen from them.

he has to be very careful not to end up with a very solid top six team this year and the same the year after.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.