"Chelsea did NOT buy trophies or stars"

~ Chelsea said:
80M for Torres? It was 50M and we're already making profit from all the merchandise sold, so no real loss there.

Really? £50M+ of merch sold? That's a lot of people who want t-shirts of a player who can't hit a barn door.

loadsamoney460x276.jpg

quiet_riot said:
~ Chelsea said:
80M for Torres? It was 50M and we're already making profit from all the merchandise sold, so no real loss there.

Really? £50M+ of merch sold? That's a lot of people who want t-shirts of a player who can't hit a barn door.

And a lot of bullshit.

If Chelsea fans are jumping on our spending bandwagon we really have made it.

I always thought Chelsea and even most United fans had taken it quite well, silly me.

~ Chelsea said:
Joga Bonito said:
PMSL I just had to share this with you...on facebook browsing come across this gem by a friend's friend:

"City literally bought star players at very very high prices to be the best which means they will soon be buying trophies, but what people fail to realize is that Chelsea did NOT buy stars or trophies. They bought who were average players at the time (ex. lamps, joe cole, essien, makelele, mikel etc.) from average teams, and these average players were TRANSFORMED into stars because of mourinho! City bought success...Chelsea didnt. Chelsea never bought their talent...they grew their talent in order to be a successful team"

Speechless...apparently a billion dollars spent on transfer fees and what 80 odd million on Torres doesn't constitute spending...how could a Chelsea "supporter" (use that term loosely) have the audacity to say things about City I will never know. Bless.

Makelele from Real Madrid, average player from an average team YCNMIU

A billion dollars?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.transferleague.co.uk/league-tables/2003-2011.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.transferleague.co.uk/league- ... -2011.html</a>

Despite being taken over by ADUG 3 years ago, you have spent 35M less than Chelsea, who were taken over by Abramovich 8 years ago.

Citizen52 said:
Geremi 16/07/03 MF Real Madrid 7.02m

Juan Veron 06/08/03 MF Manchester United 15.0m

Adrian Mutu 14/08/03 FW Parma 15.8m

Hernan Crespo 26/08/03 FW Inter Milan 16.8m

Paulo Ferreira 22/06/04 RB Porto 13.2m

Arjen Robben 01/07/04 LW PSV Eindhoven 12.0m

Didier Drogba 19/07/04 FW Olympique Marseille 24.0m

Ricardo Carvalho 27/07/04 DF Porto 19.85m

Probably enough said. Kind of do agree that Mourinho always brought the best of out of them but fuck me they never bought success pull the other one.

Good prices for very good players. (Although Veron and Mutu flopped) Drogba, Robben, Carvalho and Ferriera were bargains, and Crespo didn't do too bad either.

mcfclovin said:
Andreiy shevchenko 30million.

Robinho 32.5 Million
Adebayor 25 Million
Santa Cruz 17.5 Million

Prestwich_Blue said:
They bought anyone half-decent just to stop other clubs getting them. Kenyon bought SWP just to keep him away from Arsenal.

Just like City are doing now..?

INFLATION.

Skashion said:
cityboy1 said:
same goes for Liverpool they all want to play for king kenny and will obviously win the league
Can't understand this cynicism. This year is their year!

I can't understand this cynisism either,but i do understand ur sarcasm ;)

I don't know why people care soo much about us paying top dollar for players. We are buying superstars, non-superstars and any good player we come across. If people don't like it, who cares.... ;)

I could sit here and read posts from all the deluded half wits on Red and White Kop saying that we have spent sooo much on players, when they have bought like 25 players that didn't even make it at Liverpool... and this is around the time when we were absolutely hopeless.

This is for all the deluded Liverpool fans who seem to slate us for spending lots of money...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1221975/Rafa-Benitezs-229m-spending-spree-The-76-players-signed-Liverpool-managers-reign.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... reign.html</a>

And, don't forget how much they spent under Houllier and how much they are currently spending. Is it me or do most of the Liverpool fans on that forum live in another world? Or are they just all sooo unintelligent? Hahahaha!

Hang on, they're probably glory hunters (hangers on) who don't know anything about Liverpool.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.