Chelsea - FA Cup SF | Post-Match Thread

Can take a defeat, we didn't deserve a thing today so well done Chelsea.

However I'm pissed at us for the lack of effort conviction and spirit shown by far too many players.

Far too many players off form, some I can take it is tiredness, others have contributed much earlier in the season but are struggling now. The risk increases as we play too many of them in rotation.

Sterling off form, Torres off form, and you've already got a third of your attacking force, and the width of the pitch, compromised.

And then there is Mendy. We'd have done better with 10. He needs to be moved on to have any hope of rediscovering his ability, but I'd personally play any of the eds ahead of him now.

Bizarre team selection, coupled to a very strong, defence-based performance and from Chelsea and City's turgid, pointless passing game produced this result.

Pep's priority should have been to prioritise this game, rest key players for the Villa game, then play our best 11 in the final. Now he has to prioritise the League and Chump's League and bin off the LC. Crazy thinking from the manager.

Closest Sterling should have been to Wembley was drinking tea at his mum's.

Except when it’s the 3rd most important competition you’re in, and we are playing every 3 days. I can’t be arsed putting this reply as one word sentences, but please take them as given.
Well I would have preferred to have played that line up against Villa in midweek and played the first eleven today and again next week... we have a little slack in the league but in the cup...? No chance play shit and you're out.

I don’t know what he is thinking with Mendy. He is awful. Offers zero threat going forward, can’t control the ball properly and is slow. It’s madness to keep picking him.
£50m!! Every game, he rolls out the red carpet down our left side for the opposition.
Whenever he plays, we are effectively a man down from the kick-off!

I never thought we would with the quad , I’d be happy with one trophy it’s just that performance stank, whole place should of been bouncing after Wednesday night..

the fringe players should of been chomping at the bit to impress hoping to get into the 11 for the semi final versus psg.

sterling, torres, mendy and Jesus were all disgraceful
they play as if they already know their place as a squad player at this stage of the season they arent in Peps best 11.

The problem isnt rotation its the level of rotation, 8 changes, far too many for a big game, 3 or 4 fine 8 against a much improved chelsea is shit, this wanting to win everything is great, however history tells us it isn't going to happen and stretches the squad to thinly, hope kev is ok, however that looked like ankle ligaments and he could miss a big chunk of the remaining season

We are not playing at tempo and when we go behind we struggle to step it up. Sterling looks like he needs afresh challenge and it's not with us. His lack of commitment is not acceptable and he has still not developed a goal scoring instinct. I don't like us starting with Rodri and Ferna, Pep was too negative with that.
Momentum is really important and we have lost a lot in recent weeks, we need good results and I would be tempted to play our best eleven in our next games and worry about fatigue if it affects us.
It was very very disappointing to surrender the game the way we did today, changes at half time were needed to alter our shape and give Chelsea more to think about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.