Chelsea fans and their 'where were you when you were ****'

Pot..kettle..black.

They are plastic, I hope we never turn into them, that would be too much to stomach.

theinvisibleman said:
bluestevei said:
i think that they was singing about the away surpport, empty seats are in the away end

Take a look in the North Stand, there were loads of empty seats in there today. We were thrown out of the North Stand because we allegedly needed to increase the size of the Family Stand. On today's turnout I wonder. It must have looked bad on the TV as well to see all those empty seats behind the goal.

You were kicked out of the North Stand? I've not heard about that, tell us more...

clp1000 said:
1_barry_conlon said:
I remember it well now. I was living down south at the time but was repatriated back for permanent residence up here 3 months after the game. Best xmas present i ever had, apart from the 3-1 at Anfailed on Boxing day 81.

Can i just add, that 8k crowd at Chelsea doesn't tell the full story. Because of crowd trouble, the terraces at stamford bridge were closed fir a few games ( ours included ) and away fans were banned, hence the low crowds. That same season, they brought 13k to Maine Road in the league!!

Personally I've always rated their support. Remember in that season we were getting about 18k on quite a few occasions, what would that have been if they'd shut the kippax and made us all pay for a seat ????

Agree with you on the first bit,as I was at that game, in the old West Stand. Half of the ground was closed and I remember in particular Paul Moulden scoring a great goal.

However, I remember them coming to Maine Road when they were first getting it together and Ruud Gullit was playing for them; they didn't bring that many then.

Their support has always been hit and miss, home and away,

Rahart said:
Pot..kettle..black.

They are plastic, I hope we never turn into them, that would be too much to stomach.

Will happen I'm afraid, when we get success. Cheap copy City shirts... every fooker will be cashing in. Just like the shit fake Manure, Chelski, Barcelona tops you can get now.

A fucking huge joke coming from them considering their 8K crowds pre- Harding money, Bates and Russian petro-dollars.

Pure Chelski Hypocrisy.

Where were they when they wers shit more to the point?

CITY FOR LIFE said:
Must admit thought their 41k on Weds night in the Lge cup was very good.

Credit where credits due, But they've had a good few years of +glory fans+ i guarantee after a few successful seasons we will be in the same position. I wonder what the percentage of locals was.

Remember Spurs bringing 18,000 to Stamford Bridge in the 80's, probably more Spurs fans than them.

Chelsea is the club that has to advertise it's tickets on Talksport and used to have lower gates than the likes of QPR and Millwall.

Spurs has the highest average attendance of all London clubs in the history even though it's had a smaller stadium than a few of them. Chelsea have never been a big club either.

City have always turned up winning sod all, so for them (Chelsea) to sing that is stupid.

The fans that mock our attendance in the early 90s' are overlooking something very important. There was a lot of redevelopment going on (three stands were knocked down and rebuilt), as well as having various terraces blocked off as a result of crowd trouble etc. Having all these stands taped off will have a massive impact on any club's attendance.

I'm not going to pretend we haven't attracted glory hunters with success, which is something that will happen to City (and well, slowly, it's already happening- I see more City fans down here than ever) but, like City, we were a very big club before the takeover and regularly had gates of 40,000-41,800 when the redevelopments were done.

I think the 'where were you when you were shit' was sung with irony more than anything. It's a way of saying you sung it to us before the buy out, and now it's going to happen to you.

I just want to stress, though, Chelsea has just as big a fan base of genuine fans as City does.

By the way, to the guy that says we have to advertise on Talksport, I don't see why, every game from late 2007 to present has completely sold out to fans, the vast majority of which sell out at one ticket per member. You'd be advertising a filled seat basically.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.