Chelsea fans point of view anyone ???

both of my bosses and a co-worker are season ticket holders at the bridge, gonna love it tomorrow.
He couldn't see the game yesterday so asked me to keep him informed, I gleefully performed the actions requested!!

Chelsea fans point of view for you:

City did really well. The way you beat us was by flooding our midfield and stop us getting any possession out on the wings to Ashley Cole or Ivanovic, as well as being quite aggressive in marking and tackles. This, in turn, frustrated Chelsea and they lost their heads meaning their final touch was totally out, and when Lampard was given a penalty and Anelka was given a glorious opportunity to score, they missed it.

In a positive mindset, Chelsea are better than City, but what City did is frustrate them and that made City win.

It isn't that bad a feeling, though, because City are a great team and Chelsea did put up a fight. The only thing is, Chelsea really need to refocus and regain their rhythm.

I hope City make it to the Champions League (3rd place is my prediction) and I certainly hope we can get our rhythm back and win the league.

See you all at the Bridge!

fulhamroad22 said:

City did really well. The way you beat us was by flooding our midfield and stop us getting any possession out on the wings to Ashley Cole or Ivanovic, as well as being quite aggressive in marking and tackles. This, in turn, frustrated Chelsea and they lost their heads meaning their final touch was totally out, and when Lampard was given a penalty and Anelka was given a glorious opportunity to score, they missed it.

In a positive mindset, Chelsea are better than City, but what City did is frustrate them and that made City win.

It isn't that bad a feeling, though, because City are a great team and Chelsea did put up a fight. The only thing is, Chelsea really need to refocus and regain their rhythm.

I hope City make it to the Champions League (3rd place is my prediction) and I certainly hope we can get our rhythm back and win the league.

Fair play!

fulhamroad22 said:

I chatted to a Chelsea fan while walking back towards town after the game and his view on it was very similar to this. He admitted that when teams get amongst Chelsea's midfield it causes them problems and that Drogba can be distracted enough from his own game when up against central defenders tough enough to dish it out in equal measures.

He also thought the game as a whole was really competitive and was pretty gracious in defeat. He thought city played well and were good for the win. He was pretty gutted about the penalty miss and said it was a top save from Given.

All in all a pretty sound chap.

For what it’s worth, I thought you played really well. Teams that get at us and don’t allow us much time on the ball, cause us problems – that’s you lot, Wigan and Villa now. Disappointing, as on another day we could have easily taken all three points. All ifs and buts I know, but IF Lampard hadn’t fucked up on the penalty and Drogba had tucked away one or two of his decent chances or Cech hadn’t let in such a soft free-kick.............

But that’s all by the by, we lost and you did enough to deserve the points. Most disapoointed with how rattled we got and how we lost our discipline, no excuses there. And I do think that lights out and bluemoon thing is a great idea too!

I know you’re a level headed lot and won’t get carried away just yet. I remember when Vialli was in charge of us and we went and beat Utd 5-0 and it’s so easy to get carried away. Think we went and lost our next 4 games!!

My Chelsea mate came with us.. he got a ticket in the Chelsea section..
he was complimentary to City... but his first words were..." the weather suited City more than Chelsea"

was complaining about the Richards handball and Chelsea not bringing Joe Cole on to give them width. He said City were by far the better team and wanted it more...

levets said:
My Chelsea mate came with us.. he got a ticket in the Chelsea section..
he was complimentary to City... but his first words were..." the weather suited City more than Chelsea"

was complaining about the Richards handball and Chelsea not bringing Joe Cole on to give them width. He said City were by far the better team and wanted it more...
I couldn't believe they took so long to bring on Joe Cole - their best player imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.