Chelsea fans trying to tell me Carrick>Barry

stony said:
Barry is the most underrated player in the Prem. There's a reason that Benitez tried so hard to sign him, there's a reason why Villa fans were so gutted to see him go and there's a reason that if he's fit, Mancini picks him every time. Great player and one we only truly appreciate when he doesn't play.

now you mention it, i wonder what impact he would have had on preventing liverpools downfall since they sold alonso and torres??? he really does have a massive influence on the game

Blue_Moon said:
stony said:
Barry is the most underrated player in the Prem. There's a reason that Benitez tried so hard to sign him, there's a reason why Villa fans were so gutted to see him go and there's a reason that if he's fit, Mancini picks him every time. Great player and one we only truly appreciate when he doesn't play.

now you mention it, i wonder what impact he would have had on preventing liverpools downfall since they sold alonso and torres??? he really does have a massive influence on the game

Something a Villa fan said on here when we first signed him has always stuck in my mind, and proved to be very prophetic.
"When he's playing, you'll wonder what all the fuss is about, and when he's not, you'll know"
Or something along those lines.

Re: Chelsea fans trying to tell me Carrick>Barry

carricks probably a better passer than barry but there's no contest when it comes to what the job is really about - disrupting opposition passing

carrick won't do the dirty stuff and look how easy it is to get at utds centre halves coz of it

To be able to judge them both you would need to see them both have a run of about 10 consecutive games without injury. I am only 44 so have not had the chance to judge Carrick yet.

Don't care what other fans think of our players and who is better than who. As Stony said the managers who know what he brings, pick him. I still haven't worked it out having watched him playing as to why we are so different with him than without, all I know is with him we are more solid and that is all I need to know. Unsung hero for me. :-)

Most football fans seem to have based their opinion on Barry on the England-Germany match in the world cup where Ozil skinned him to set up the 4th goal
What they dont realize is that Barry had run himself into the ground for 70 minutes of that match trying to put fires out all over the park while the rest of the England midfield did absolutely fuck all to help him
Vastly underrated and we play so much better when he starts

While I think Barry is the better player I get exactly why they think that.

It takes me watching him week in and week out to appreciate what he brings and does for the team, things you can't see in a 2minute MOTD recap. Hell not all our own fans see what he does and the stability he brings.

So he'll only ever be remembered for the shit things, like the world cup.

Then again, I don't watch Carrick every week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.