Chelsea fans trying to tell me Carrick>Barry

Citizenhill said:
I rate Carrick personally, but I believe Barry is the superior of the two, Barry on form (and he's so consistent he usually is) is better than Carrick on form.

There was a Chelsea fan on the BBC twitter feed saying he'd take Mata over two David Silvas, so their footballing knowledge based on that enormous stupidity is possibly miniscule.

Mata is the poor man's Silva, despite the MotD eulogies.

I'd take Barry over most DM's in the world. The bloke is impossible to get the ball off and rarely makes an error.

I liked the comment the other day on Barry, it sums it up to me.

"Barry provides the canvas on which Silva and Yaya paint their pictures"

It's people who don't know a thing about football that underrate both Barry and Carrick. They think a good footballer has to wear pink boots and skin 9 players for every goal. Xavi was underrated for years, think there was something in the Daily Mail about The 3 best players in the world(and Xavi). It's why Scholes was underrated for years. English fans and the media are only just understanding what football is about and it certainly isn't Andy Carroll or Theo Walcott.

Carrick is much better than Barry. This thread is embarrassingly biased. Even if you can't see it by just watching them, just look at their stats for the whole of last season and it's no contest. Carrick is comfortably ahead of Barry in all the key areas for a CM players.

MC ID said:
While I think Barry is the better player I get exactly why they think that.

It takes me watching him week in and week out to appreciate what he brings and does for the team, things you can't see in a 2minute MOTD recap. Hell not all our own fans see what he does and the stability he brings.

So he'll only ever be remembered for the shit things, like the world cup.

Then again, I don't watch Carrick every week.
You've got a very good point there mate. I've noticed that Carrick gets a lot of airtime and praise on matchday, even if he's not even in the games. Barry, hwoever, just gets the odd mention only when he does something unusal, like the Ivanovich tackle.

bluemiester said:
Carrick is much better than Barry. This thread is embarrassingly biased. Even if you can't see it by just watching them, just look at their stats for the whole of last season and it's no contest. Carrick is comfortably ahead of Barry in all the key areas for a CM players.
And he finished joint Champions!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.