Chelsea (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

He is a young guy playing his first season in the PL, obviously there will be ups and downs as we have witnessed.

Saturday and since his injury he has not been the same player as the one that came in and was superb, nothing wrong with stating that.

Learning from his game against Chelsea will be the measure of his future in our shirt.
I've read that some blue moaners may have contacted him on social media.

And two trophies already in the bag.
Indeed. Pep has set such an absurdly high standard for us that people would be claiming we'd had a poor season for doing things other clubs would be having parades for.

Absolutely it won't last forever, but it will last as long as he's here for and I'm sick of knobheads turning up every season and telling us we are old news when they've yet to do fuck all.

The problem is that when he is being covered by two players, he does not pass the ball quickly enough to recycle it to expose that space he helped create. Too little end product, including the quality pass inside to help find the space.
Fair point hopefully he will improve, but I am an FOC and I remember the likes of Tueart, Barnes and Hutchinson skilled wingers who would dribble past as many players as were in front of them. Great to watch but we won little or nowt.

Fair point hopefully he will improve, but I am an FOC and I remember the likes of Tueart, Barnes and Hutchinson skilled wingers who would dribble past as many players as were in front of them. Great to watch but we won little or nowt.
I’m the same FOC and enjoyed all of them back in the day. Unfortunately, this is a different day and a different way of playing.

If he just had raw pace to burn and always got around players and crossed it, that’d be one thing, but he doesn’t. It’s neither one nor the other most of the time.

A point versus Chelsea especially how open we were at the back during the first half isn't great. But that point may mean we win the title once the season concludes. I'll take it.

Indeed. Pep has set such an absurdly high standard for us that people would be claiming we'd had a poor season for doing things other clubs would be having parades for.

Absolutely it won't last forever, but it will last as long as he's here for and I'm sick of knobheads turning up every season and telling us we are old news when they've yet to do fuck all.

This forum will become warzone after Pep someday left us in the future and inevitable throphy droughts for decades is followed after he left us.

Hopefully it will never happen but there's still a chance for that kind of thing happening and our club is not immune for that. It's a cyclic nature in football.

I’m the same FOC and enjoyed all of them back in the day. Unfortunately, this is a different day and a different way of playing.

If he just had raw pace to burn and always got around players and crossed it, that’d be one thing, but he doesn’t. It’s neither one nor the other most of the time.
Doku looked very indecisive in his decision making and that is a part of his game that he is still in the process of learning. A bigger problem for us is the fact that John Stones isn't fit enough to play two games a week at the moment. He is vital to way we want to play and gives us extra control in games. Ankanji tries to fill the void to the best of his ability but just isn't as good as John. Stones being fully fit for the run in is essential.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.