Chelsea (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

And in true Bluemoon fashion everything is fine. We won the treble you ingrates. Every criticism is a hate crime, every opposing viewpoint is a Johhny Come Lately, not a real blue, every below par performance is tiredness, everyone one is an ungrateful, spoilt child.
Wait till Pep goes, then they will have something to moan about.
Conversely I appreciate it may just be a blip, not necessarily a trend - as it has been previously thankfully, but there are no guarantees the good times will roll - and some of the shutting down of concerns!
Why we have a forum?
(Apologies to those that actually do debate and not reach for lazy platitudes and personal insults.)

Last edited:
And in true bluemoon fashion everything is fine. We won the treble you ingrates. Every criticism is a hate crime, every opposing viewpoint is a johhny come lately, not a real blue, every below par performance is tiredness, everyone one is an ungrateful, spoilt child.
Why we have a forum?
Pretty much, It's been this way ever since I joined this forum. I guarantee that every group of City fans got back to the pub after the match and were discussing the pros and cons of the performance, who played well, who played badly, team selection, the referee, the pies, etc etc. I can't imagine somebody attempting to shutdown the conversation, or at least if they did, they'd get a very short response.

And in true bluemoon fashion everything is fine. We won the treble you ingrates. Every criticism is a hate crime, every opposing viewpoint is a johhny come lately, not a real blue, every below par performance is tiredness, everyone one is an ungrateful, spoilt child.
Conversely I appreciate it may just be a blip, not necessarily a trend - as it has been previously thankfully, but there are no guarantees the good times will roll - and some of the shutting down of concerns!
Why we have a forum?
I agree …Standing in the Kippax in the 60’s every variation of viewpoint could be heard within 6 feet . Dark humour , caustic wit , piss taking on an Olympic scale ,total joy ,anger - it was all there in those 90 minutes . Isn’t that what keeps us watching.

And in true Bluemoon fashion everything is fine. We won the treble you ingrates. Every criticism is a hate crime, every opposing viewpoint is a Johhny Come Lately, not a real blue, every below par performance is tiredness, everyone one is an ungrateful, spoilt child.
Why we have a forum?
(Apologies to those that actually do debate and not reach for lazy platitudes and personal insults.)
I react to the way the criticism is framed.
I’m all for pointing out where we were poor and players who haven’t performed being discussed respectfully.
I think this team deserves that at least and not to be slagged off to the hilt.
The laziness comes from posters who don’t add any context to their opinions.

I agree …Standing in the Kippax in the 60’s every variation of viewpoint could be heard within 6 feet . Dark humour , caustic wit , piss taking on an Olympic scale ,total joy ,anger - it was all there in those 90 minutes . Isn’t that what keeps us watching.
Some of our fans have always found a scapegoat, stood on the Kippax many years, Ian Bowyer was a young player who was booed and had a good career elsewhere, Paul Power another, we need to get behind Doku,much as I despise the Scousers they do big up their players.

Doku looked very indecisive in his decision making and that is a part of his game that he is still in the process of learning. A bigger problem for us is the fact that John Stones isn't fit enough to play two games a week at the moment. He is vital to way we want to play and gives us extra control in games. Ankanji tries to fill the void to the best of his ability but just isn't as good as John. Stones being fully fit for the run in is essential.
Indeed.

Do we actually know he isn’t fit enough or are the Sports Science staff keeping him in cotton wool based on feedback? We certainly don’t need him breaking down, but with the games coming thick and fast, babying him might be for the best while we have good cover.

Some of our fans have always found a scapegoat, stood on the Kippax many years, Ian Bowyer was a young player who was booed and had a good career elsewhere, Paul Power another, we need to get behind Doku,much as I despise the Scousers they do big up their players.
i may be guilty of having joined in " Sit down Bowyer" occasionally ....

Tbh all football fans are the same, in the old days before the scousers decided they hated us I sat with scousers in the Anfield Road and one fan in particular spent the game calling John Barnes a glove wearing coke head etc etc he also pinged I was a blue and didn’t bat an eyelid.

I react to the way the criticism is framed.
I’m all for pointing out where we were poor and players who haven’t performed being discussed respectfully.
I think this team deserves that at least and not to be slagged off to the hilt.
The laziness comes from posters who don’t add any context to their opinions.
Isn’t freedom of speech a good thing?

If someone goes off half cocked, does that not inform you of not only who they are, but that their views are not worth your time or angst?

When did individuals stop ignoring uninformed opinions and start feeling the need to complain about them ad infinitum?

Was it the advent of Twitter & Facebook that made feeling the need to tell everyone what you thought, and how mental they are for thinking what they think, fashionable?

I long for the days when people had a filter and used it judiciously, but with the frequency required to keep their blood pressure down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.