Chelsea (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

I presume he was telling the other players to get their heads together and concentrate
The amount of times i saw him lament Walker for not passing forward was a joke.
He is our talisman and should be captain full stop

Not good enough today. It happens. I thought we dug in well and deserved the draw at the very least. Can’t give the refs a sniff, lot of those decisions went against us.

Kev,Foden, Haaland all off the boil. In times like this last season Gundo would step up.

Doku actually did ok imo. Overall chavs should have scored another but city should have had 3/4 at least.

Anyway, chalk it off and let’s beat Brentford. Busy march coming but we can still do this, small blip nothing more.

On the chavs, they looked good in parts, but for the what 1.5 billion spent! they are just about better than Brentford on the counter and then stack men behind the ball.

Onwards we go.
At last some sense
We can’t pretend to win every game and we can all have an off day
May turn out to be a valuable point

Anyone else agree that our dives were pathetic looking?

Look at how Walker goes down for the Sterling incident, puts his arms out when he’s on the grass as if he’s swimming almost at the end

Kevin did a few silly ones too, and Ake did 1.

If you’re gonna go down at least make it look believable

Admittedly, you’ve been hugely successful this last decade and to be fair, I’ve really enjoyed the quality of football you’ve played. I suppose my favourite City team was when Aguero and Silva were in the team. Sublime stuff. However, nothing lasts forever, dynasties come and go and I might be proven wrong but I feel yours is coming to an end.

Nothing against City, per se, but it’s hard to maintain that consistency for years.

I applaud your style of football and the success it brought but to be honest, you are Johnny Come Latelys…you still lag the legacy of the ‘Red Shirts’. Where were you pre 2012?
Football wasn’t invented just when the red shirts became successful, it had been there for over 100 yrs and yes we were there pal.
You on the other hand can fuck right off with coming onto this forum with your Johnny come lately shit.

2 years ago when last game of the PL was City-Villa, we are down 1-2 and throw on Gundogan who scored a brace and won us the title, who the fuck would we send in now to win a game like that? if todays game was a title decider, sending on Bernardo and maybe Nunes would have been the fix?

we need to improve the squad, refresh it as well, but also make it much stronger quality wise, not just the squad but the first eleven. get 1-2 players at least who walks into the line up and improves it.

sadly Gvardiol, Doku, Nunes, Kovacic, none of them is an improvement yet. Gvardiol at LB aint an improvement on Delph, Mendy, Ake etc. he might become a legendary CB for us in time, he was clearly highly rated at Leipzig, still in trasition mode with City. want to see him as a CB in the future rather than an LB spending most of his time on the opposite half with clearly no skills to beat a defender or put in a strong accurate cross. he is the inverse of Cancelo as an LB. Cancelo could skin a fullback, get inside the box, even score a few goals, long shots, put in some amazing crosses/through balls, but rather shit defender. asking Gvardiol to play this (offensive LB role) would be like asking Cancelo to play CB.

Doku great dribbler, but very raw, inconsistent, off the ball lot of ways to improve, he is given more game time than expected imo mainly due to we lost an experienced Mahrez, a huge talent Palmer (whose numbers at Chelsea so far pissing all over Doku's or Grealish's number this season) and Grealish form fell off a cliff.
Kovacic is ok, but not a gamechanger by any means. no goals, no assists, adds a bit of control, but hard to decide if he makes us any better also a sicknote quite often. Nunes hardly trusted, hard to say why we bought him. doesnt look as much out of place as Phillips but does not get much more plying time than he did.

this summer transfer window did not help us, we did not plan well, too much ad hoc we my have not planned properly, wanted Bellingham and in that hope we were ok Gundo to go, but then Bellingham fucked us off and we wanted Gundo to change his mind too late, we probably had not seen the Saudi transfers and them taking Mahrez off of us, but then also letting Palmer go and get Doku, is not something made us stronger in any way.

The poor defending started on the halfway line with Dias trying to engage rather than drop off. This left Jackson away on his own, Walker had started/gone to close Jackson down, but he played a great ball to Sterling. Walker was caught in no man’s land and did well to get to Sterling, but Sterling did what he’s done all his career, cut inside and curl it in.
I’m sorry but Walker went walkabout and was at fault. His job was to block any cross, not be legging after Sterling after being way out of position.

And, while on the subject of KW, why on earth did he let another player run all the way down the sideline without even jockeying him, let alone tackling him? Did he learn nothing from the Newcastle game?

Lastly, why on earth is he taking a shot from 25-30 yards in the closing seconds of the game? I think he’s scored 1 or 2, maybe 3 if I’m forgetting one, in all his time here!

Anyone else agree that our dives were pathetic looking?

Look at how Walker goes down for the Sterling incident, puts his arms out when he’s on the grass as if he’s swimming almost at the end

Kevin did a few silly ones too, and Ake did 1.

If you’re gonna go down at least make it look believable
We need lessons from the master, Salah

Why is Foden being shoved out wide when we need his pressing, graft and guile in midfield instead of Alvarez and Akanji.
Because Alvarez is Pep's favorite or something along those lines...

I can only speculate this when Pep goes on and on about Phil losing the ball at midfield versus Palace, but he seems perfectly content with Alvarez doing the same repeatedly despite having half the talent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.