Chelsea (H) Post Match Thread

Without meaning to be overly critical...

Zinchenko dribbled himself into trouble/turnovers on several occasions. He clearly isn't as skilled as the rest of the City players on the pitch. I don't think he'll be with us next season.

Gundo - whom I really like - switched off in the 2nd half - making very poor passes back-to-back leading to turnovers. Gundo needs to up his concentration and play well throughout given how talented our midfield is.

I want to talk about Aguero and his open goal miss and the free header that hit the bar from 6 yards out.

I want to talk about Aguero and his open goal miss and the free header that hit the bar from 6 yards out.
Me too - stupid fucker!

Goddamit he cost us 2 goals in goal difference against Liverpool.

Bench the fucker I say!
===
Kappa. :-)

Technically Gungod is right there amongst the best .
He is still need some work on his defensive side but the man is talented no doubt.
That's the very essence of the problem.

Gundo is not at all gifted on defense - not at all - and he never, ever will be.

Consequently, Gundo is best as a deep lying attacking midfielder without primary defensive responsibility - in that role he's arguably among the word-best.

Trouble is - that role is very niche - and we don't play him there very often.
===
Similarly - I love Jorginho - who we failed to recruit and who ultimately signed for Chelsea.

That guy is awesome - as a metronome - but sucks even worse than Gundo at defense.

Should we have signed Jorginho - I wonder how Pep would have fit him into our squad.

That's the very essence of the problem.

Gundo is not at all gifted on defense - not at all - and he never, ever will be.

Consequently, Gundo is best as a deep lying attacking midfielder without primary defensive responsibility - in that role he's arguably word-best.

Trouble is - that role is very niche - and we don't play him there very often.
===
Similarly - I love Jorginho - who we failed to recruit and landed at Chelsea.

That guy is awesome - as a metronome - but sucks even worst than Gundo at defense.

Should we have signed Jorginho - I wonder how Pep would have fit him into our squad.
True but we are in good hands if and when we need cover in the middle for either David, kdb or ferny .

True but we are in good hands if and when we need cover in the middle for either David, kdb or ferny .
D.Silva and KDB we have cover for - Fernandinho on the other hand - is without comparison in our side. He's unique - which, IMO, is our biggest weakness.

Our biggest need is cover for/replacement for Fernandinho - a defensive midfielder who can consistently break up play against top sides and who has passing skills to contribute meaningfully on offense.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.