Chelsea (H) Post Match Thread

Agreed.

Against a side who tried to press - but cannot actually press.

But dribbled into trouble on several occasions unnecessarily.
===
Zinchenko has boatloads of talent - but he'll never nail down a preferred starting role in any position in our side - we've got world-best/top 5-or-6 in our side at every position.

Zinchenko is great at backup though - and if he decides to remain in our side - great!

But as a massively talented 22-year-old who will not break into first choice at any position in his current side - it's career suicide not to move.

Zinchenko could well love City/Pep/Manchester - and thus be willing to be 2nd/3rd/4th choice - but I highly doubt it.

He's gone next season IMO - not because we want him out - but because he'd be better off elsewhere.

Zinchenko is an extremely capable utility player, works his bollocks off and has a fantastic attitude. There’s no way we should let him go.

Zinchenko is an extremely capable utility player, works his bollocks off and has a fantastic attitude. There’s no way we should let him go.
Agreed.

At the same time - he's never going to be a first choice starter in our side - and his agent will undoubtedly let him know this.

He's very talented - and he's very young, an extremely important point in these discussions - and he'll be better off at a club who will start him regularly and pay him to do so.

Which is why I expect that he'll leave soon - likely in the summer window.
===
If he were an aging player nearing the end of his career - then I'd be very confident that he'd remain in our side.

But as a youngster with a whole career ahead of him - why on earth would he want to accept a backup role whereas he could be a preferred starter at a top club elsewhere?

Last edited:
D.Silva and KDB we have cover for - Fernandinho on the other hand - is without comparison in our side. He's unique - which, IMO, is our biggest weakness.

Our biggest need is cover for/replacement for Fernandinho - a defensive midfielder who can consistently break up play against top sides and who has passing skills to contribute meaningfully on offense.

Wow. That’s an incisive contribution. Have you thought of a career in punditry?

Wow. That’s an incisive contribution. Have you thought of a career in punditry?
Your post drips of irony.

Have you considered a career as a journalist?
===
On the off chance that I've misunderstood your remarks - my apologies - text remarks on a forum obscure nuances of face to face communication.

The only thing Jesus misses for me is the physical presence Sergio has. Defenders are scared of Aguero anywhere on the pitch but I don't think you need to be greatly worried about Jesus except when he gets into the box or has run past you.

The difference between the two is Jesus will score all the goals you expect but Aguero will also score the goals you don't expect.

He is still a young lad yet but I don't think this league will ever quite fit him. For me he belongs in Italy or Spain where defences are either not as physical or far slower.

He's here though and I still think he's been great value and done well for us so far and had a good cameo yesterday.

I disagree, mate. The lad has it all and can be our main striker for years to come. He’s hitting peak form now but Sergio keeps scoring so he can’t get in the team. Whilst I agree that Sergio is stronger and a more instinctive finisher, this lad is quicker, more skilful and a better presser. His time will come at City, and very soon, I predict.

I disagree, mate. The lad has it all and can be our main striker for years to come. He’s hitting peak form now but Sergio keeps scoring so he can’t get in the team. Whilst I agree that Sergio is stronger and a more instinctive finisher, this lad is quicker, more skilful and a better presser. His time will come at City, and very soon, I predict.
All I can say - is that I've seen Jesus too - and that I respectfully disagree.

But, as I've said previously, I dearly hope I'm very much wrong.
===
At the risk of repetition...

Is Jesus anywhere at all near this? If not, we need to actively be searching for a suitable replacement IMO.

Sergio's first appearance for City.

in case you missed it.

51755747_609661349447428_5378699694966833152_n.jpg

Comparing anyone to Sergio and they're always going to come up short, Gabby is doing is own thing and it'll work for us and him for years to come hopefully.
Jesus is very talented for sure.

But is he up to first choice striker in the a squad striving to be World Best? I don't think so - not on current performances.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.