Chelsea (H) - Post-Match Thread

last 52 PL games since we lost to 2-0 away to Spurs on 21/11/20:

P52 W42 D4 L6 GS: 127, GC: 34, GD: +93, Pts: 130/156, PPG: 2.5, GS p/g: 2.44, GC p/g: 0.65.

I think you've been absurdly generous here.

Did he get it spot on? He played it like a cup final, but that doesn't work when the other team wins with a draw.

Chelsea needed to win today, and parking the bus with (as you said) the biggest problem they posed us being slightly impeding our build up, didn't do anything except reduce the amount of time they had to win the game, and made them need 2 goals to win instead of 1.
A tactic we had figured out after 15 minutes and passed over the first press over and over again.

In all seriousness, I have never met a single Chelsea fan who hates City. Annoyance? Yes. Dislike? Probably yes. But outright hatred? Not really. We don't consider you our rivals. Most of us prefer you lot winning the league, if its not us.

Are some elements of our fanbase going to rub the CL final in your faces when we play each other? That's a given and an expected part of football fandom. I mean both of our fanbases still get the very boring and totally original 'where were you when you were shit' chanted at us at every away ground. Liverpool fans have song their 'fuck off Chelsea FC you ain't got no history' song at us every game we've played for nearly 20 years. Fans will be fans and I'm certain if roles were reversed, we'd get it in the neck from elements within your fanbase. It is what it is.

As for the last point, you know very well we're not talking about the cup winners cup here :)
Thought a European Trohy thing was all in good humour, but given the paltry numbers (didn’t count more than 20) looked a bit half hearted and small time.

Can’t blame the Chelsea fans for taking the piss about it though. Completely fair game and football would be much duller without any bantz.

Yeah, shame we aren’t playing that lot next week to try and kill them off in the “race” too.
They'll kill themselves soon enough imho, they're missing key players now when they need to keep up, and when they're all back they'll have to fit in the extra games, hopefully they'll get the LC final (and lose), so another game to find a date for.

The forwards, Grealish, Foden, Sterling, and De Bruyne, provided the energy and the intensity required. I don't who has or has not been out with COVID, but they looked ready, as were all eleven. Rudiger and Azpi... are easy to dislike, so Grealish's getting tangled up with them throughout the match was fun. The second half of the season started in a lovely way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.