Chelsea (H) - Post-Match Thread

Their fans are beyond wank.
It was mildly amusing at first with the inflatable cups but in the end they just sounded like villa with the “youll never win that” song. Poor show i thought.

and on the extremely remote chance you are reading this, if you were one of the mockneys all peeky blindered up stood loitering and being gobby near the buses at the end of the game…. You were about 55, grow up :))

What I loved about yesterday was the sheer predictability of it. The game unfolded almost exactly as I thought it would. That is nothing to do with my ability to see into the future and everything to do with the consistent excellence this team displays. We pressed, controlled the football, defended all as expected.
lovely to see Kevin score that winner as well. You could tell how pleased (and relieved) he was and Peps words after the game were spot on.
it was good to see Rodri and Kante battle it out. My conclusion was we don’t need to bring Kante back anymore. If there are a better full back combo in world football than ours could someone kindly point them out.
Liverpool will drop points today to make it a perfect weekend.

Their fans are beyond wank.
Always have been until money magically came there way and they forgot that gates of less than 20k where the norm before Harding pumped his money in ........... I mean a crowd of 8k for a premier league game !!!!! Even our lot never dropped that low

This is some football team we've got, nobody in this league can get anywhere near City.

I've been thinking about this. I think this team is really comparable to the Centurions. Not as brilliant, no. Not as good to watch, for sure. But actually up there, and maybe marginally better, as a unit. That year KDB had the season of his life. We did, to some extent, depend on the unfathomable brilliance of one player, and what Sané was doing down the left (he was pretty brilliant too, at times). This team doesn't work like that. Bernardo's having a fine season; Días, Rodri, Cancelo. Yes, all very good. But actually, Pep can rotate players in for those and it seems to make almost no difference. As a team, they are a formidable prospect to beat. As good now, at this point,as the Centurions. Maybe marginally better — as a team.
That's why I do expect us to finally win the CL this year. What happened yesterday is worth examining. We absolutely mastered them. We schooled them. Yes, we had difficulty breaking them down, but there seemed to be no phase in the match when they were dominant. I was getting tense, as I always do, and then I thought “What the fuck are you getting wound up about? Nothing's happening on their side”. We controlled the game in all its phases. Goodish save from Ed for their one shot. That's it. This against the reigning European champions, and the second best team in the league (Liverpool have Salah and Mané, Van Dijk at the back – take any one or two of them out, it's not the same team at all).
CL is one off, of course, and we can be knocked out by plenty of teams over one or two legs. But I really don't see anybody who's near us other than Bayern.

I've been thinking about this. I think this team is really comparable to the Centurions. Not as brilliant, no. Not as good to watch, for sure. But actually up there, and maybe marginally better, as a unit. That year KDB had the season of his life. We did, to some extent, depend on the unfathomable brilliance of one player, and what Sané was doing down the left (he was pretty brilliant too, at times). This team doesn't work like that. Bernardo's having a fine season; Días, Rodri, Cancelo. Yes, all very good. But actually, Pep can rotate players in for those and it seems to make almost no difference. As a team, they are a formidable prospect to beat. As good now, at this point,as the Centurions. Maybe marginally better — as a team.
That's why I do expect us to finally win the CL this year. What happened yesterday is worth examining. We absolutely mastered them. We schooled them. Yes, we had difficulty breaking them down, but there seemed to be no phase in the match when they were dominant. I was getting tense, as I always do, and then I thought “What the fuck are you getting wound up about? Nothing's happening on their side”. We controlled the game in all its phases. Goodish save from Ed for their one shot. That's it. This against the reigning European champions, and the second best team in the league (Liverpool have Salah and Mané, Van Dijk at the back – take any one or two of them out, it's not the same team at all).
CL is one off, of course, and we can be knocked out by plenty of teams over one or two legs. But I really don't see anybody who's near us other than Bayern.
I was browsing Red Cafe yesterday, when they were all bemoaning the notion that the league was done in January, labeling it a farmer's league.

One guy pointed out that this is because when the games come thick and fast in December, we always go on a long uneaten run of games. (See also Liverpool complaining that they can't afford even two bad results because it immediately puts them out of contention). The reason for this, he argues, is because when we rotate players, there is no drop off in the standard of play. How true this is!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.