Chelsea (H) - Sat 15th Jan, 12:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe to you it made sense but most people. Look pep is a football Guru but he makes mistakes. This one was a bad one at a bad time overthink or not.

Pep makes mistakes, that's true. He's human! But we also make mistakes when we try to identify his mistakes. Have you thought about that? We don't really know what would have happened had he picked the team we wanted to see. It is far from certain that if Pep had started with Ferna in Porto, the outcome would have been better. How could one still believe this, seeing this season that Ferna's legs are gone? Don't tell me Ferna got (much) worse over the summer. He was already 36 in May.

Try to imagine in detail the process behind Pep's decisions. Imagine how much more he understands the game than the average fan (the gap is huge, imo), imagine the wealth of information he has (about the condition of our players and their strengths and weaknesses, about the strengths and weaknesses of opposition players, etc.), imagine that he thinks days and weeks about the game. To assume he could make a cheap, blatant mistake by dropping Ferna/Rodri is a bit daft, if not mental. Ferna is 36, ffs, he wasn't that good vs PSG at the Etihad, he was terrible vs Chelsea at Wembley before that...Rodri lost form, it was pretty obvious...

In short, sometimes we can't know whether a loss is due to a (bad) tactical error or to poor form of some players or just to chance. Had Foden scored in Porto, or Mahrez with his shot in the final seconds, we might have won, who knows? Even with perfect tactics and a perfect first XI, Chelsea still would have a chance to win. That's football.

Last edited:
Pep makes mistakes, that's true. He's human! But we also make mistakes when we try to identify his mistakes. Have you thought about that? We don't really know what would have happened had he picked the team we wanted to see. It is far from certain that if Pep had started with Ferna in Porto, the outcome would have been better. How could one still believe this, seeing this season that Ferna's legs are gone? Don't tell me Ferna got (much) worse over the summer. He was already 36 in May.

Try to imagine in detail the process behind Pep's decisions. Imagine how much more he understands the game than the average fan (the gap is huge, imo), imagine the wealth of information he has (about the condition of our players and their strengths and weaknesses, about the strengths and weaknesses of opposition players, etc.), imagine that he thinks days and weeks about the game. To assume he could make a cheap, blatant mistake by dropping Ferna/Rodri is a bit daft, if not mental. Ferna is 36, ffs, he wasn't that good vs PSG at the Etihad, he was terrible vs Chelsea at Wembley before that...Rodri lost form, it was pretty obvious...

In short, sometimes we can't know whether a loss is due to a (bad) tactical error or to poor form of some players or just to chance. Had Foden scored in Porto, or Mahrez with his shot in the final seconds, we might have won, who knows? Even with perfect tactics and a perfect first XI, Chelsea still would have a chance to win. That's football.
Look you can justify just about anything. I prefer to deal with facts.
1. Pep will go down as one of the all time greats Fact
2. Pep has a tendency and a record of relatively under-performing in Europe for City and indeed for Munich. Fact,
Now can he put that right over the next couple of years? I think he probably can. Let's get over Porto and move on.

Look you can justify just about anything. I prefer to deal with facts.
1. Pep will go down as one of the all time greats Fact
2. Pep has a tendency and a record of relatively under-performing in Europe for City and indeed for Munich. Fact,
Now can he put that right over the next couple of years? I think he probably can. Let's get over Porto and move on.

So, he's one of the best managers in history, but he's been underperforming in Europe for years now. Worse, your average fan knows better than him who has to start in a CL final. Makes sense. Fact.

If we go through the various citcumstances of Pep's losses in Europe with Munich and City, we'll see many mistakes, mostly by players and referees. There's a reason why no manager in history has won more than 3 European/CL cups and why none of those who have won 1 more than Pep won't go down as a better manager. Hint: luck (in the form of injuries, refereeing decisions, individual mistakes by players, etc.) plays a big role in Europe. Pep has made mistakes, but don't tell me fans know better than him who has to start in a CL final. That's horseshit.

H
So, he's one of the best managers in history, but he's been underperforming in Europe for years now. Worse, your average fan knows better than him who has to start in a CL final. Makes sense. Fact.

If we go through the various citcumstances of Pep's losses in Europe with Munich and City, we'll see many mistakes, mostly by players and referees. There's a reason why no manager in history has won more than 3 European/CL cups and why none of those who have won 1 more than Pep won't go down as a better manager. Hint: luck (in the form of injuries, refereeing decisions, individual mistakes by players, etc.) plays a big role in Europe. Pep has made mistakes, but don't tell me fans know better than him who has to start in a CL final. That's horseshit.
Best let it go mate. As far as I am concerned we are in a new season, all the smart arses said we’d be fucked without a striker this season, yet our football has been beautiful and successful. The past can’t be influenced, the present and future can, like you I think Pep is a genius and whether he fucked up or not last season, we are now in this season, let’s enjoy it; if other people want to keep going back just ignore

two new , on top of the the others and those isolating
Oh i thought that we didn't have any cases, that's what Tommy Two-shells told me earlier!!!!!

The narrative around us is hilarious.
Last season we were gaining an advantage because we had a game postponed, this season we're gaining an advantage because we haven't!
You couldn't make this shit up!!!

I hope we hammer that lot tomorrow.

3-1 to us

COME ON CITY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.