Chelsea (H) - Sun 21st May, 16:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This certainly doesn't sound like he wouldn't go full strength Pep said countless times how much he loves to win the title in front of the fans

Unless Arsenal drop points at Forest Pep is playing to win, plain and simple. In a situation like this you go for the kill. It's the professional thing to do. The idea that some on here believe he would rotate to the extent of weakening the side in a match of this importance blows my mind. I still struggle to understand where that mindset comes from. Pep will go full out until the Prem is won. The FA Cup final is 6 days after our last league game and the CL final is 7 days after that. Those competitions no longer have any bearing on our league games as far as rest is concerned. The goal is to wrap up the league ASAP and hopefully that's what we do this weekend. Then we can play a couple of games with some heavily rotated squads.

Unless Arsenal drop points at Forest Pep is playing to win, plain and simple. In a situation like this you go for the kill. It's the professional thing to do. The idea that some on here believe he would rotate to the extent of weakening the side in a match of this importance blows my mind. I still struggle to understand where that mindset comes from. Pep will go full out until the Prem is won. The FA Cup final is 6 days after our last league game and the CL final is 7 days after that. Those competitions no longer have any bearing on our league games as far as rest is concerned. The goal is to wrap up the league ASAP and hopefully that's what we do this weekend. Then we can play a couple of games with some heavily rotated squads.
Surely, with so few games remaining, playing your best team if possible keeps them finely tuned.

Only 5 games to go, lets not start faffing about.

Ortega

Stones Dias Laporte Akanji

Gundogan Rodri Bernardo

Mahrez Haaland Foden

Could be final farewells from an home game point of view for Laporte, Gundogan & Bernardo :(

Kev looked shattered Foden needs minutes let's get it won
This hasn’t occurred to me until now :(

Could be the last time we see Bernardo or Silky at our place.

Going to be a great occasion. Hope Raheem gets a good ovation! He more than deserves it.

Then I hope he has to watch his old club lift the trophy.
Sterling didn’t acknowledge the respect City fans gave him when we played at the bridge. His time with us was a great success but he don’t care and has moved on and so should we as fans. Professional contract is all it was. Not bothered either way about the reception.

The F A Cup final is two weeks away, and the Champions League three weeks away.. I'm pretty sure we'll be playing our top team Sunday against Chelsea (ceteris paribus with reference to the Forest/Arsenal result) in an effort to secure the league, before any other considerations come into play.

If we beat Chelsea, it'll be interesting to see what selections are made for our matches with Brighton & Brentford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.