Chelsea (H) - Sun 8th Jan, 16:30 - FA Cup | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably better to lose than to draw! Weird decision by the FA!
For clubs down the pyramid a draw is extra revenue so badly needed at that level.

As well as being a season ticket holder at City for 43 years I am also a season ticket holder at Darlington FC and before the pandemic they got a draw at Walsall and the money from BT who did the replay probably saved the club.

For PL clubs its a nonsense though, not sure how they sort it.

I'd like to see:

Ortega

Walker Akanji Ake Cancelo

Bernardo Phillips Foden

Mahrez Alvarez Grealish

Play a 4-3-3 and we'll look a lot better. Obviously would prefer Ortega as keeper, Stones and Laporte in CD, Rodri in CM and Haaland for Alvarez but otherwise it's about as strong as we can do. Some energy in CM and support for our wide players from FB.

The rags devalued the FA cup forever. It hss never been the same since they did that
It wasn't their choice. The PL wanted ManUre to represent them in Brazil (IIRC), so the FA Cup was sacrificed to allow this to happen.

To be fair, ManUre were left with the choice of huge fixture congestion, or being allowed non-participation in the FA Cup. For once this wasn't ManUre's fault...

I'd love us to win today. No overthinking, get them beat and hopefully we finally get an 'easy' domestic cup draw in the next round which is weirdly being done before our game.

Seems to be the first season we're really trusting the young lads so hopefully that can help with fixture congestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.