Chelsea (H) - Sun 8th Jan, 16:30 - FA Cup | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Ake gets a rest today, and Cancelo will play (although needing to rest players on Wednesday makes predicting our side today more complicated than usual)
Ideally Ake would be rested but he's the only left back option who can play in a 3 when Lewis pushes into midfield. If Cancelo or Gomez play left back Walker has to play right back.

If Laporte is fit he could play but I'm guessing he'll be saved.

We need to get Walker, Cancelo, Philips, Bernardo, Foden & Alvarez up to speed ASAP. We've home advantage, & Walker/Cancelo will hopefully be seriously pissed they were withdrawn at half time on Thursday & feel they have something to prove. However I still maintain it was the system that was more at fault against Chelsea.

Rodri was fucked when withdrawn & Gundog/KDB weren't far behind. If we can get the aforementioned players back to their best level, we've no need to rinse those I've named on the bench in every match. Using our squad to its fullest extent will make the difference between success & failure in this odd & fragmented season.

Ortega
Walker
Akanji
Aké
Cancelo
Philips
Bernardo
Foden
Palmer
Alvarez
Grealish

Subs: Ederson, Lewis, Gomez, KDB, Haaland, Gundog, Rodri, Stones, Mahrez

Prospect of several NW teams in the 4th round. City could play Blackpool. Fleetwood, Burnley, Accrington, Stockport.

Or Wigan.

Could be quite a fun game this. Very hard to predict Chelsea's team thoughts; after a couple more injuries, do they want to chase for a cup or cut their squad losses and attempt a push at the top 6? Whatever 11 they field, it's going to be at least 5 players from full strength.

City? Pffff, no idea. Previous tells me Pep is a full strength man, win the next game, but with a few players in and out of form I don't really know what that means this season. I'd predict Ake and Haaland to rest, Foden to be played again, maybe see an Alvarez start. Otherwise, fucked If I know. 4-2 City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.