Chelsea (H) - Sun 8th Jan, 16:30 - FA Cup | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes push for Wembley in the Coca-Cola can cup.

The FA Cup is just going to get in the way of other stuff.
It's heresy, but I share some of these sentiments.

Pep likes the Caravan Cup....he feels its good timing to get a trophy in March.

We should've had more FA cups but through a combination of timing,Pep brain farts and poor performances we've underachieved.

Beating the rags in the Caravan final will be fun with the PL & CL the next priority.

No reason for Walker and Cancelo not to start in their proper positions to regain match fitness and confidence.
KDB, Rodders, Gundo and Haaland must not play are they are burnt out.
Stones should not be risked and Lewis should be protected
Ederson
Walker
Cancelo
Akanji
Laporte (if fit, if not Ake)
Phillips
Bernie
Grealish
Palmer
Foden
Alvarez

No reason for Walker and Cancelo not to start in their proper positions to regain match fitness and confidence.
KDB, Rodders, Gundo and Haaland must not play are they are burnt out.
Stones should not be risked and Lewis should be protected
Ederson
Walker
Cancelo
Akanji
Laporte (if fit, if not Ake)
Phillips
Bernie
Grealish
Palmer
Foden
Alvarez
Not sure Haaland is burnt out

Agree a few should be rested but not Haaland

Difficult choices with the scum looming - need be at full strength for the OT toilet. Short turnaround from trip to Southampton, but then that is arguably more important than Chelsea.
Guess that is what Pep is paid for ….

Pep likes the Caravan Cup....he feels its good timing to get a trophy in March.

We saw the feelgood effect it had during our Pellegrini title-winning year. Yaya and Nasri's worldies seemed to lift the whole team.
Didn't appear to be quite so efficacious for the dippers, though ;-)

A propos of Nasri. Hadn't seen him for a while. He was working for French tv (Canal +) last night as a commentator. Was out on the pitch at half time. By God but he's slung on weight! Bloated…

beat them twice in a week? How sweet would that be?

One of their title-winning seasons, forget which (2006?), we were the only team to beat them home and away. We were chugging along, not going anywhere in particular as a team or club — solid mid-table fare. I remember I hugged that to myself as a kind of trophy.
How far we've come. Them too!

Edit: I overstated that. We were the only team not to lose one or other match, either home or away. Seems amazing, but it's true. 2004-5, Mourinho's first season. David James was particularly brilliant in the match at Stamford Bridge. It was real Alamo stuff.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.