Chelsea (N) | FA Cup SF | Post-Match Thread

Agreed 100%. It was a display of Champions. Now the lads have nearly a week to rest & recuperate. With only the league & a cup final in front of us, my hope is this will now benefit our squad which is weaker for the absence of Gundog & Mahrez, the loss of form form Haaland & the injuries to KDB, Stones & Jack.

It's also great to see the real Jack back too. He's made a huge impression over the last two games, & I hope it continues until the final kick of the season.

Agree RE Grealish, he and Bernardo are very different to each other, but both bring control in their own was and when on form contribute enormously.

Interestingly the FA's Instagram page recently post clips of Grealish at 19 for Villa in a semi final. Lots of the comments were from Villa and neutrals saying how Pep and City have coached him to the point that he isn't as exciting. Watching the video was very similar to Grealish now, clever passing, good ball retention and unselfish. A mature performance and no doubt the attributes that led to us buying him, people really are blinkered when it comes to City.

Agree RE Grealish, he and Bernardo are very different to each other, but both bring control in their own was and when on form contribute enormously.

Interestingly the FA's Instagram page recently post clips of Grealish at 19 for Villa in a semi final. Lots of the comments were from Villa and neutrals saying how Pep and City have coached him to the point that he isn't as exciting. Watching the video was very similar to Grealish now, clever passing, good ball retention and unselfish. A mature performance and no doubt the attributes that led to us buying him, people really are blinkered when it comes to City.
Including many of our own. When Jack was being slaughtered by City fans of not being worth £100m & for his first season performances, I supported Grealish throughout.

Jack didn't put the price tag on himself, Villa did, but regardless he's only worth what a buyer's willing to pay.

The interesting stat with Grealish isn't his sparse goal-scoring & assists, it's that he's head & shoulders above other PL players as the one who assists the assister.

The main progress I'd like from him is to quicken up his play when City switch to rapid 1/2-touch football. When we're in this mode, he sometimes holds onto the ball too long which breaks our momentum & gives the opposition time to set themselves in a low block defensive formation.

Now he's seemingly over his early season woes, I hope he kicks on & continues to develop this side of his game.

I like having him & Doku as options, as they bring different things to the table. Recently it's been start with Jack to soften up & tenderise the opposition, & when they're worn out from running side to side, bring on the Count to twist them inside out & put them to the sword.

Last edited:
It's a different discipline. You put your foot on the gas for 10 seconds & then you're done. Walker has to complete tens of shuttle runs every game. Alongside twisting, turning & stopping, it's far more difficult than running in a straight line.
It was more an age pointer. Christie’s win surprised many at the time.

I’ve been tough on him & think he’s been outstanding this 2-3 games. Within 10 mins of him getting on the fullbacks are down with the physio on.

We're not disagreeing. You could see there was a player in there virtually right from the start. But recently he's been playing more intelligently — in short, like a Pep player.

Including many of our own. When Jack was being slaughter by City fans of not being worth £100m & for his first season performances, I supported Grealish throughout.

Jack didn't put the price tag on himself, Villa did, but regardless he's only worth what a buyer's willing to pay.

The interesting stat with Grealish isn't his sparse goal-scoring & assists, it's that he's head & shoulders above other PL players as the one who assists the assister.

The main progress I'd like from him is to quicken up his play when City switch to rapid 1/2-touch football. When we're in this mode, he sometimes holds onto the ball too long which breaks our momentum & gives the opposition time to set themselves in a low block defensive formation.

Now he's seemingly over his early season woes, I hope he kicks on & continues to develop this side of his game.

I like having him & Doku as options, as they bring different things to the table. Recently it's been start with Jack to soften up & tenderise the opposition, & when they're worn out from running side to side, bring on the Count to twist them inside out & put them to the sword.
Dead right about assisting the assister.

City vs Chelsea is more of a global draw than ManUre vs Coventry. If I was the BBC & had the first pick, our match is the one I'd have opted for in terms of viewing figures.

Granted, the FA must look at potential fixture pile ups like this in future, & come with something more joined up.
i don’t think global draw is an issue here.

fa cup or epl games, the service providers are the same here, nothing to do with the uk broadcasts.

Anyone have any run ins with cfc fans yesterday ?
We had a family on the tube led by a Janet Street porter look and sound alike ,Creating about we were lucky ?
Her sons looked like Odd bod and odd bod jnr, Ready to be let off the leash
They all got off at Finchley
That's the nearest I saw
Wankers !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.