Chelsea PL (A) | Man of the Match

Man of the Match

• Total voters
I voted for Kovacic, he was superb today and ran the midfield, his goal was the icing on the cake.

But i thought Rico was brilliant also.

I was surprised he started at RB because i was worried about his speed against Nkunku but what a game he had. He kept battling all game and was great at connecting the play and was unlucky not to score.
He's becoming undroppable!

Kovacic. Been brilliant and I owe him at least one. I ve been really on a mission this whole summer to convince everybody, that even though Kovacic been good and a fantastic squad player, we may do better. If hes playing like this (and scoring on top of that) we do not need an upgrade at all

There were so many worthy candidates today but my vote goes to Doku, he was resilient, determined and just never gave up. He was a little bit green at times - like early in the first half I think he fancied his chances instead of lobbing the ball to Haarland at the far post and another couple of chances where the wrong decision was taken but he is learning. 100% effort and commitment just about put him in front of Bernardo and Kovacic.
Today, considering it was the first game of the season was in my opinion an outstanding team performance. I think we are looking the strongest we have ever looked at this point in the season... ever. Non starters included Stones, Walker, Foden, Bobb, Ake.... plus those I have forgotten and a plethora of other up and coming youngsters. Premiership - BEWARE we are coming for you with vengeance.

Got to be Kova who did the heavy lifting AND put the result beyond doubt. Difficult to assess what we beat today but we can only deal with what is put in front of us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.