Chelsea post match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really?? He walked away from Costa for the first goal, then did precisely the same with Willian for the second. He could have tried actually marking them, old fashioned concept I know but sometimes it works.
tackled with the wrong foot on the foul for the free kick goal.
Gave away a penalty, while soft, was ridiculous defending to even give the ref the opportunity, the kid was going nowhere

Thought some of the kids showed class and adaptability, especially the two Garcias and Tosin. The set up again let us down allowing Chelski too much time and space for the killer ball to their runners. Fabregas had an absolute field day and was never closed down.
Senior players very poor and against most of the comments on here I would say Kolarov was even worse than Willy. Looked as though he was out sightseeing in the Capital.
Scoreline and second half quite embarrassing.

I thought this was the rag thread for a minute.
Not arsed in the slightest.
Pep has some good youngsters to blood next season.
Chelsea open top bus parade tomorrow dinner.

Agreed. In fact most on here before the match thought we would lose heavily, but doesn't stop a good old rant afterwards by some

Cabellero responsible for 3 goals , in hindsight Gunn should have started , he could not have done worse than this clown , MP is a stubborn c*nt at times and he will definitely play the clown in goal against the dippers , so we will have to score at least 4 goals to win the League Cup. Apart from that i thought Adaraibyo was the only real success today , looked a decent prospect , the other kids looked just that.......kids , and apart from Nacho they are miles away from a starting place.

Nobody expects them to be starting though, especially all at the same time away at the Champions. But most of them should have been gradually integrated into the first team this season, with substitute appearances when we're winning and maybe the odd start here and there in League Cup games and against lower Prem opposition. No reason that the likes of Barker, Celina and Manu Garcia shouldn't all have had 6-8 appearances this season

Agree what most have said and it was the veterans who let down the youth.

Caballero at fault for the two most important goals (3 and 4).

I think the level of fitness required and concentration level was something above what are youngsters are used to. However, the experience will be good for them and they'll get stronger and fitter through Pep's training.
To be honest I think the general lack of physical maturity was our main undoing, as you'd expect. Most of the young lads were pushed off the ball a bit often for us to ever really keep the ball for long enough to keep the pressure off us and that inevitably led to us getting tired as the game wore on. That's not a problem to worry about though as it's exactly what you'd expect with that many young players against such a strong physical side. Great experience for them though and hugely encouraging that they weren't afraid to play, even when the game was gone, with only really Tosin showing any nerves on the ball (which he made up for with his defending). Hugely encouraging for the future.

Nacho didn't work hard enough today, he didn't put himself around like the other lad up front. To be honest, nothing is surprising me at the moment and Pelligrini's stubborn attitude is getting on my tits. He is a mediocre manager with dinosaur tactics and frankly his loyalty to Demichalis and that bell end in goal is boardering on insanity.
Do we realistically have enough of a shot in the CL to put out that team? I personally don't think so and if we now lose heavily in Kiev and in the final next weekend it is going to be humiliating for everybody we loves this club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.