Chelsea thread 2012/2013 season

Castiel said:
malg said:
It might just be me here, but the 25 points is a bit of a red herring in my view. I think the Chelsea players done more than a little relaxing at the end of the season. They had the FA Cup and CL Final to think about, and I believe they just went to sleep. I think they will be credible next season. I'll be interested to see how Hazard fits into the Premier League. Amazing how many Blues on here said he was brilliant, then once he says Chelsea he is suddenly unproven in our league.
Players and manager practically abandoned the league at around March. Our team selections and performances in the league compared to the cups were black and white around that time. He fielded our weakest possible side for Liverpool in the league, days after our strongest in the cup final, for instance. The scoucers played their best side for both. It was clear that RDM and the players had decided to abandon the league and go all in on the cups as we were already too far behind to contend the league. Huge gamble that ended up paying off.

Too true, could be a very interesting season coming up. Should be awesome.

They're going to need to learn to play with Torres instead of Drogba AND for Torres to find his shooting boots.

Drogba didn't score many last season, he got some important ones, but when on form there were probably very few targetmen that could match him. He was strong enough to bully most CBs and quick enough to outpace quicker ones. This allowed them to flood the box from midfield as Drogba could be relied on to win and retain the ball and others, particularly Lampard, get a decent share of goals.

Torres won't be that holding/targetman forward so I expect to see less goals from midfield and the question is will Torres get back to scoring ways?

I still expect them to do well especially if the new recruits bed in.

Castiel said:
Matty said:
If you don't address the right fullback spot I'd be astounded. Bosingwa is gone, Ferreira is out the door, and not very good. Ivanovic is a decent player, but I'd wouldn't have thought he was the best you could do, and what do you do if he's injured or suspended? Chelsea, as many have realised, have a generally quite old squad. Cole, Terry, Cech, Lampard, Essien, Malouda, Ferreira, Ivanovic and Mereilles are all 28 or older. Even for someone with Abramovich's wealth that's a lot of spending to replace them all.
Who better than Ivanovich? He contained Lavezzi, who tore your right flank open and had Bale in his pocket every time we've met Spuds - to give a few examples. Hugely underrated as an attacker as well. The only thing he doesn't have is blistering pace. He can cross and he can defend. He is hugely underrated as a RB just because he's a CB convert and looks too big to be a RB (though, look at Richards). We do need some depth there though.

Malouda, Ferreria and Essien have not been important players for a few seasons now. But for every Malouda I give you a Mata. For every Essien I give you a Ramires. The squad has been refreshed over a few seasons and the job isn't as large as people seem to think. Even Cech, who has years left in him, has been covered by Courtois.
You can't say "for every Malouda I give you a Mata. For every Essien I give you a Ramires" and assume that makes sense. You have BOTH options at this point, Malouda and Mata, Essien and Ramires. Yes, if Malouda and Essien leave you'll still have Mata and Ramires, but since when has football been about having 11 players? You need a good, deep squad of players. So replacing the ageing players, whether they be regular starters like Cole, Terry or Drogba, or "squad players" like Malouda or Essien (who still played 62 games between them last season, despite Essien missing a huge chunk with injury) is still vitally important, and a valid issue to raise.

lol You'd almost believe that Chelsea will start next season with a point deduction of -25.
The Premier League doesn't work on that basis, you should know that it's very naive to work on that basis. Saying that, Chelsea are a red herring or a blue one.
You just don't know what to expect, as with most clubs with new managers.

The new signings will be put us in a better position.

Just on people who believe that people like Ashley Cole, Terry & Cech are past it.
They have been saying that for a while, whoever they are. Ask any Chelsea fan about their performances over the last 3 years when all this has started. People say Cech is back to his best. He was our player of the season before this one.
They've tried to decide JT was.. I don't know getting slower or whatever, he's never been fast, he's been immense, just immense, for us so consistently.

Then there's Mikel who a lot of people including are own fans have called shit. Not at all and whoever the new manager is, I bet even if we sign a new player in that position whoever they are Mikel will get into the team, the boy is absolutely class. I want people to relaise it though, has to be the most underrated midfielder I can remember.

Madrid & Barca are chasing Ivanovic, who AvB benched for Bosingwa for whatever reason.
He's a star for us. Ramires is getting recognition now.

Our attack needs reforming, which is why there will be attacking signings.

zoffie said:
lol You'd almost believe that Chelsea will start next season with a point deduction of -25.
The Premier League doesn't work on that basis, you should know that it's very naive to work on that basis. Saying that, Chelsea are a red herring or a blue one.
You just don't know what to expect, as with most clubs with new managers.

The new signings will be put us in a better position.

Just on people who believe that people like Ashley Cole, Terry & Cech are past it.
They have been saying that for a while, whoever they are. Ask any Chelsea fan about their performances over the last 3 years when all this has started. People say Cech is back to his best. He was our player of the season before this one.
They've tried to decide JT was.. I don't know getting slower or whatever, he's never been fast, he's been immense, just immense, for us so consistently.

Then there's Mikel who a lot of people including are own fans have called shit. Not at all and whoever the new manager is, I bet even if we sign a new player in that position whoever they are Mikel will get into the team, the boy is absolutely class. I want people to relaise it though, has to be the most underrated midfielder I can remember.

Madrid & Barca are chasing Ivanovic, who AvB benched for Bosingwa for whatever reason.
He's a star for us. Ramires is getting recognition now.

Our attack needs reforming, which is why there will be attacking signings.

That I believe because Real were meant of been chasing Kolarov when we signed him, and both he and Ivanovic is underrated in my opinion.

Cech
Ivanovic-Cahill-Terry-Cole
Ramires-Mikel-Lampard
Hazard-Torres-Mata

for 2012/13.

Hilario, Bosingwa, Ferreira, Meireles, Essien, Malouda, Kalou, Drogba all to go in the summer.

with Louis Van Gaal as DOF, Frank Rijkaard as Manager with Ray Wilkins and Steve Clarke as Assistants.

wesshaw1985 said:
Cech
Ivanovic-Cahill-Terry-Cole
Ramires-Mikel-Lampard
Hazard-Torres-Mata

for 2012/13.

If Hulk comes, it'll probably be something like that

Ivanovic - Cahill/Luiz - Terry - Cole
Mikel - Lampard/Ramires
Hulk - Mata - Hazard
Torres

Matty said:
You can't say "for every Malouda I give you a Mata. For every Essien I give you a Ramires" and assume that makes sense. You have BOTH options at this point, Malouda and Mata, Essien and Ramires. Yes, if Malouda and Essien leave you'll still have Mata and Ramires, but since when has football been about having 11 players? You need a good, deep squad of players. So replacing the ageing players, whether they be regular starters like Cole, Terry or Drogba, or "squad players" like Malouda or Essien (who still played 62 games between them last season, despite Essien missing a huge chunk with injury) is still vitally important, and a valid issue to raise.
Squad players aren't a problem to replace. The point is that Malouda and Essien, in this example, are clearly not vital players in the team any more. We've got any number of youngsters who I'm sure would relish opportunities to provide the cover than Malouda and Essien find themselves doing now.

First of all congrats to Chelsea for signing Hazard, hope the **** fails big time, no hard feelings lol. If Chelsea get Hulk or/and Marin fulfills his potential, next season should be very exciting. We also can't forget United, cause they are like shit that you just can't get rid of, no matter how many times you flush it just keeps comming back. Lets see what other teams like Arsenal, Liverpool and Cocks do in summer, but I already can't wait for next season and, of course, see our gold badges and defend title.

Castiel said:
Danamy said:
The thing is Castiel although you've purchased a cracking player in Hazard i personally think that your spending big and strengthening in the wrong areas.

Terry getting slower on a weekly basis
Cole relied on too much
Need holding midfielder
Striker to replace Drogba (Hulk hot favourite)

What do you think?
We got Cahill and Luiz to replace Terry and Carvalho respectively. Cole has a season or so left in him but Bertrand has been a revelation at LB. Mikel is starting to mature into an impressive player and has come on leaps and bounds this season. Romeu has also looked assured with Barcaesque passing before his injury.

Striker is a position I'm concerned about though. We have needed width and creativity for a long time now. Since we sold Robben in fact, so I'm delighted that we're finally going for the Mata's and Hazard's of the world. We've been relying on Drogba for years, except that one season that Malouda was great in.
Romeu, Bertrand and Mikel are nowhere near the standards set by Cole, Essien or Lampard.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.