Chelsea Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Castiel

Team supported
Chelsea
Because we don't have one. I fail every year at maintaining this because I'm just not as diligent as the Spuds and for some reason people like to make new threads every time something happens in Chelsea. But worth a shot.

Mourinho has returned and we looked pretty good in our first preseason win against Singha All-Stars in Asia. Lukaku slotting home a soft penalty, but we played with high intensity and dominated from start to finish with a mix/mash side and 11 changes at half time. De Bruyne, Wallace (new young RB), Essien and Lukaku particularly impressed.

Eden Hazard cannot be tackled (at least by the All-Stars) and seems to be playing a much more direct style than before. That is to say he seems to be running at defences much more and taking shots, rather than trying to play like Mata and play people in. I'm excited if this is how Jose wants to utilise him because Hazard running with the ball is a sight to behold and I feel he didn't do it enough last season.

As mentioned, the stand out performance was Kevin De Bruyne. I can't quite believe we picked this lad up for so little and with no competition. He's going to be something special. He has qualities which remind me of both Lampard and Mata, as he seems to have Mata's ability to pick insane passes with pin-point accuracy combined with strong shooting technique and work rate. His highlights here for anyone interested:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh4U7yXvoJ0&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

New signing van Ginkle looked assured on the ball and has great passing technique. He doesn't seem the sort to stand out, but he distributes much more efficiently than Mikel, has a good tackle on him and reads the game very well. Essien dominated the midfield single-handedly while he was on, just like his old days and I hope that was a sign of a revival. Perhaps he wont be making those driving runs as often any more, but he could add some much needed steel back into our midfield. I feel much, much more confident about our central midfield problems after this early showing. It already looks like a complete transformation with a lot more depth than we had before (as we had to use Luiz as a makeshift quite often).

Our second pre-season game is on Sunday against a Malaysia 11.

I'll add my contribution - this is where Chelsea's Premier League points have come from...

Tottenham Hotspur 85
Everton 73
Aston Villa 69
Manchester City 65
Newcastle United 65
West Ham United 62
Bolton Wanderers 59
Blackburn Rovers 57
Liverpool 57
Manchester United 57
Middlesbrough 57
Sunderland 55
Southampton 51
Fulham 49
Arsenal 48
Wigan Athletic 41
Portsmouth 40
West Bromwich Albion 36
Derby County 32
Leeds United 32
Charlton Athletic 31
Leicester City 31
Wimbledon 30
Birmingham City 29
Coventry City 27
Stoke City 26
Sheffield Wednesday 21
Wolverhampton Wanderers 21
Crystal Palace 20
Norwich City 20
Queens Park Rangers 19
Ipswich Town 17
Nottingham Forest 15
Reading 14
Sheffield United 9
Watford 9
Hull City 8
Swansea City 8
Bradford City 7
Barnsley 6
Blackpool 6
Burnley 6
Swindon Town 6
Oldham Athletic 1
Total Points 1,477

...I'm sure you'll have noticed where the most points have come from.

We'll have to try to do something about that!

Well we do enjoy trips to 3 point lane. Where do you find this stuff? I think you're secretly OPTA having achieved self-awareness.

I expect the title to be contended by Chelsea/City. United will finish a distant 3rd or will have an implosion for them, holding off the Spuds for 4th.

Castiel said:
Well we do enjoy trips to 3 point lane. Where do you find this stuff? I think you're secretly OPTA having achieved self-awareness.

I take a keen interest in all aspects of football from around the world, not just Spurs stats.

Castiel said:
I expect some charts from you season

THFC6061 said:
Castiel said:

I take a keen interest in all aspects of football from around the world, not just Spurs stats.

Do you have a chart to illustrate these points ?, useless :p

On topic i think Chelsea are going to be our main rivals.
I am keen to see how/if JM's tactics have evolved though even if it may be some remorseless winning machine like his last Chelsea team.

Cas, do you think you need Rooney? If so, do you think anyone will leave and if not, do you think you'll be after a forward other than Rooney?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.