Chelsea Thread 2014/15

Bilboblue said:
CLEB said:
stony said:
No we did the double the year after losing the FA cup final to Wigan. Not the real double ? lol. The prem title and the league cup not classed as a double is it ?
I hope City fans don't get as arrogant as you lot.

No, it isn't. You need the league and FA Cup combo to claim that distinction.

It IS a double you moron.

Of sorts, yes, however not 'the' double.

Don't read more into my post than was there lads.

BlueAnorak said:
Chelsea fucked that up. Mind you they were playing 12. How many fouls did Utd get away with?
Still a draw is the best result for us in reality.

It also kind of proves that without Costa they really could have problems.
We did, but we were without both Costa and Remy. It was pretty unfortunate to be playing them with both our main and backup strikers out. It was a bit of a reversion to last season's problems. Still we've been losing concentration at the death of games a few times this season which is unlike a Mourinho team.

supercrystal7 said:
Have to agree with Neville about Hazard lacking the killer instinct. I personally find him frustrating, because he has so much talent, but lacks that drive. It's why he is not in the elite attacking players in the world like Messi, Neymar, Ronaldo, Robben, Reus and Ribery.
He does a lot of good work but much of it doesn't come off for one reason or another. Often one of his runs will facilitate a goal like the corner he won for Drogba, but he doesn't finish things himself often enough. It isn't a lack of drive, he just needs more aggression in his game. Most of those players you mention shoot a hell of a lot, Hazard doesn't. He needs to incorporate a bit of a striker mentality to reach that level.

Chelsea have an excellent squad and they will need it. Mourinho has always known his favourite 11 wherever he has been manager. I think that with City we are more flexible on that - we know our key players and so does the manager but Pellegrini has more faith and expectation in squad players whereas I think Mourinho spends so much and so often because he isn't willing to entrust fringe players too regularly and they often don't meet his standards when he calls on them.

What Chelsea do have, and what we need to be wary of, is a plan B. So Costa is injured? Remy and Drogba might not be able to cope with the burden... but Fabregas has played as a false no9. Schurrle has proven his scoring ability. There are goals in that midfield and they can cope. 6pts behind them is going to be tough even if we beat them at the bridge.

As that moron alluded to, if they go far in the CL that may be where we can claw back some ground. They will have a blip for sure. But this season they look quite similar to the side that got to 95pts. Hard to beat and determined to get results. In terms of our league wins being easier... well that's pure nonsense. We won the league, where were Chelsea if it was so easy? The league has undoubtedly become more competitive. Mourinho could win it much more easily with the "don't lose to the league rivals" beat everyone else mantra than he can now.

It's going to be our toughest task to win the league because whilst the rags managed 89pts as runner up on the last day, their side wasn't as good as Chelsea's. They over achieved where Chelsea are genuine contenders. Their defence is settled, their midfield has gelled and improved and they have attacking options. Meanwhile at the moment we look all over the place and when we don't take our chances we will lose games because we ship goals far too easily. We don't have much time to address things. We need to keep within 3pts of Chelsea all season to stand any chance. Otherwise we will lose motivation.

Matty said:
ROMANS_ARMY said:
goalmole said:
Chelsea seem to have a habit of starting the season like a house on fire and then faltering towards the end. City meanwhile seem to be acquiring the happy knack, the same knack the scum were reputed to have, of picking up steam as the season progresses and then finishing in almost unbeatable form. I know which way round I would rather have it.

You what M8, finishing the season in unbeatable form!! Chelsea faltering at the end of the season!!

It took 2 spectacular collapses from your rivals to win your 2 titles & even 1 of those was only secured on the last kick of the season. Jose in his first spell with us won the league at a canter, this was when Utd & Arsenal were much better teams than they are now. Win a title with games to spare & you might just be credible.

There won't be a lull with us this season. We have too much quality all over the pitch. The only way i see you finishing above us is if you were to fail to qualify from your CL group.

So winning 2 league titles, an FA Cup and a League Cup, all in the last 4 seasons, isn't "credible" in the eyes of this Chelsea fan, because we didn't win the league with, at least, 1 game to spare. I assume the 2010 title under Ancelotti wasn't "credible" then either? We can only control how many points we get, not how many the opponents get. When we pipped United to the title, on goals difference, they accrued 89 points, which was 6 more then the 2nd place team in either of Mourinho's title winning seasons. Maybe that had a bearing on how early we won the title? You claim United and Arsenal were better when Mourinho won the league, the final points totals don't back that up.

Plus, I'd hardly call Liverpool losing at home to Chelsea a "spectacular collapse". That was all we needed to win the league, yes they dropped 2 points at Palace, but that was irrelevant as, even if they'd held on and won that game 3-0, we'd have still won the league, on goals difference rather than points. As mentioned earlier, you say we needed a "spectacular collapse" from United too, but this "collapse" still saw them finish with 89 points, a points total high enough to win the Premier League in 2001, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014, or 10 of the last 15 seasons, so hardly gifting us the league now is it?

I love being lectured on credibility by fans of a club that has helped push football into the situation it's currently in, whereby for City to be competitive we needed a billionaire to take us over and spend hundreds of millions on players. It's also worth noting that, domestically, Chelsea have won 15 trophies in their history (the Charity/Community Shield is NOT a trophy in this regard!), whereas City have won 12. Hardly numbers which bestow credibility on one side, and not the other.

Best post I've seen on here for a while. Funny chelsea fans mocking us for our spending. Loads of them do it, when they get shit back they act like they have never spent a penny. At least we concede we've bought our way to success.

Matty said:
ROMANS_ARMY said:
goalmole said:
Chelsea seem to have a habit of starting the season like a house on fire and then faltering towards the end. City meanwhile seem to be acquiring the happy knack, the same knack the scum were reputed to have, of picking up steam as the season progresses and then finishing in almost unbeatable form. I know which way round I would rather have it.

You what M8, finishing the season in unbeatable form!! Chelsea faltering at the end of the season!!

It took 2 spectacular collapses from your rivals to win your 2 titles & even 1 of those was only secured on the last kick of the season. Jose in his first spell with us won the league at a canter, this was when Utd & Arsenal were much better teams than they are now. Win a title with games to spare & you might just be credible.

There won't be a lull with us this season. We have too much quality all over the pitch. The only way i see you finishing above us is if you were to fail to qualify from your CL group.

So winning 2 league titles, an FA Cup and a League Cup, all in the last 4 seasons, isn't "credible" in the eyes of this Chelsea fan, because we didn't win the league with, at least, 1 game to spare. I assume the 2010 title under Ancelotti wasn't "credible" then either? We can only control how many points we get, not how many the opponents get. When we pipped United to the title, on goals difference, they accrued 89 points, which was 6 more then the 2nd place team in either of Mourinho's title winning seasons. Maybe that had a bearing on how early we won the title? You claim United and Arsenal were better when Mourinho won the league, the final points totals don't back that up.

Plus, I'd hardly call Liverpool losing at home to Chelsea a "spectacular collapse". That was all we needed to win the league, yes they dropped 2 points at Palace, but that was irrelevant as, even if they'd held on and won that game 3-0, we'd have still won the league, on goals difference rather than points. As mentioned earlier, you say we needed a "spectacular collapse" from United too, but this "collapse" still saw them finish with 89 points, a points total high enough to win the Premier League in 2001, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014, or 10 of the last 15 seasons, so hardly gifting us the league now is it?

I love being lectured on credibility by fans of a club that has helped push football into the situation it's currently in, whereby for City to be competitive we needed a billionaire to take us over and spend hundreds of millions on players. It's also worth noting that, domestically, Chelsea have won 15 trophies in their history (the Charity/Community Shield is NOT a trophy in this regard!), whereas City have won 12. Hardly numbers which bestow credibility on one side, and not the other.

Chelsea rent boy in major anal gape shocker.

Chelsea fan here and I feel embarrassed by what ROMAN_ARMY wrote.

While it is true that CIty titles were competitively won with them going down to the last day but that is not something any team can control.

I remember watching Costa's antics when we played Chelsea at home and thinking "what a horrible, dislikeable twat".

I liked that quality in him.

When you look at our squad it something we are totally missing.

January transfer window - dislikeable twat required please Cheeky.

Easy game when you dont have any decisions going against you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.