Chelsea Thread (2015-16)

Well if you actually watch Chelsea, you'll see how stifled they are, Hazard is more or less given a free role, as Matic tucks over to the left, and azpilicueta rarely goes forward, Willian is an exceptional player, and I'm amazed at how you can't see that?

What exactly is "exceptional" given that he rarely scores and assists? I never see him beat a fullback, I rarely see him make incisive passes, he's not very good at finishing, so again what is exceptional? The stifled thing is just an excuse. I've heard people say so many times that so and so will improve under a new manager with a more suitable style and it rarely happens. Really good players tend to show their quality under any manager.

First of all, Fernandinho has technical quality and vision that Willian doesn't have. Second, Willian is not in a Fernandinho position - his job is primarily to score and assist, which he never does.

Got to agree with the others Glenn to be honest.
His job is primarily to assist and score, but because of the numerous roles he is asked to play as part of Mourinho's stifling tactics, he doesn't have as much influence as he should. He appears to have been wrongly labelled as the "jack of all trades" type player because he has great stamina and also has the ability.
Given that roaming role or even a set role, you would see his ability to influence games.
I'd take him at City tomorrow.

Got to agree with the others Glenn to be honest.
His job is primarily to assist and score, but because of the numerous roles he is asked to play as part of Mourinho's stifling tactics, he doesn't have as much influence as he should. He appears to have been wrongly labelled as the "jack of all trades" type player because he has great stamina and also has the ability.
Given that roaming role or even a set role, you would see his ability to influence games.
I'd take him at City tomorrow.
He doesn't have that ability. You're really setting the bar low if you see Willian as that sort of player. I don't get people's point about Mourinho's tactics. Because of Mourinho's tactics, Willian rarely sees and never executes passes to runs that strikers make off the ball? I see that every time Chelsea plays. Because of Mourinho's tactics, Willian is incapable of taking players on and dribbling past them? Sorry but I think Willian just lacks these skills. Saying it has to do with Mourinho's tactics is total BS.

If we could have a freebie take of any player from the chavs at this moment it is an absolute toss up between the woefully out of form Hazard (purely because you would expect him to come good again) or Willian. Right now I'd be picking Willian.

You guys must never watch Chelsea play then. Cahill is a diabolical CB, he's pure shit.

And Willian is basically a Brazilian Milner that scores from free kicks. If Willian was this brilliant winger/AM then he wouldn't have scored only 2 goals in 36 games last season. 36 games - 2 goals and 3 assists, and probably one of those was from a free kick. Top quality attacking players do more like what Hazard did - 14 goals and 9 assists. Or Sanchez - 16 goals and 8 assists last season. Silva - 12 goals and 7 assists. Sterling - 7 goals and 7 assists. Those are the kind of returns that very good players get. Saying Willian has such a poor return because of the manager is total BS, because Hazard has managed to do just fine. Unlike Hazard, Willian never beats players so I don't know where you are getting "brilliant dribbling" or "superb technical ability" from. He scored two goals as a regular starter for the title winning team last season. If he was so great then Chelsea wouldn't look so inept in an attacking sense with him and Hazard on the wings. He's awful.
Spurs fan in tendentious post about Chelsea shocker!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.