Chelsea thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well they probably think if they have to give Sarri time why not give the job to a club Legend who the fans can get behind! Feels like the chelsea fans are getting frustrated with “SarriBall”
They get frustrated with any coach that's not clear top of the league and it has nothing to do with style of play.

I can't see it being another goal fest, but I do believe (barring some 'dubious' refereeing decisions) that we'll win.

I believe I said this before the last game as well.

There's a 30% chance we slaughter them, a 40% chance we win without a goal rush, a 30% chance they pull off a smash and grab.

With Chelsea the way they are at the moment, it's entirely possibly their heads drop and we put a bunch past them. They are a team that has to work very hard to defend, unlike Conte's or Jose's sides which even when they were poor, would default to a solid shape that was hard to score against.

Last edited:
Apparently they're looking at Lampard as well. Either way though, it's Wednesday and the final is on Sunday, if they were going to sack him before the final they'd have already done it.

Yeah, I think so too.

If he was going before Sunday, we would have heard yesterday morning, IMHO.

They only beat Malmo 2-1 in the first leg, so they should have to field a decent team tomorrow. It's funny though, I feel like I already know the exact team that Sarri will field Sunday. Kepa, Azpilicueta, Luiz, Rudiger, Alonso, Jorginho, Kante, Kovacic, Hazard, Higuain, Willian. The bare minimum of one change from the 6-0 drubbing just weeks prior.

If the guy has any sense at all he will revert to putting kante at the base of his midfield, everyone can see that at the moment the system with Jorginhio is not working, he strikes me as being very committed to his ways and so I can't see him dropping him but after the drubbing we gave them maybe he may go with Kante and Jorginho as a two man base and try to pack the midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.