Chelsea thread 2020/21

Is hudson-odoi any good? Seems to have stalled big time since Bayern wanted to pay £70 million for him. There was immense hype surrounding him when he was in the EDS and from the games I saw against our eds rightly so, he tore us apart in those youth Cup finals but since breaking into the Chelsea first team I've yet to see anything from him that suggests he will be anything but a mediocre Premier league player at best.

Is hudson-odoi any good? Seems to have stalled big time since Bayern wanted to pay £70 million for him. There was immense hype surrounding him when he was in the EDS and from the games I saw against our eds rightly so, he tore us apart in those youth Cup finals but since breaking into the Chelsea first team I've yet to see anything from him that suggests he will be anything but a mediocre Premier league player at best.

Still only 20, and playing out of position at wing back. Sterling looked ordinary there when Rodgers changed system in 2014/15.

He's a good player with a lot of potential to improve. As another poster pointed out above, he's being played out of position and asked to sacrifice his own strengths for the good of the team which is extremely impressive and disciplined for a 20 year old and will help to improve him in the longer term (wider skillset, increased knowledge of the team around him).

He's a good player with a lot of potential to improve. As another poster pointed out above, he's being played out of position and asked to sacrifice his own strengths for the good of the team which is extremely impressive and disciplined for a 20 year old and will help to improve him in the longer term (wider skillset, increased knowledge of the team around him).

I agree mate, also the way Tuchel has the team playing, when CHO plays RWB, in practice he is essentially just another right-sided attacker.

He's had a very disrupted entry into pro football. Sarri pretty much ignored him when Willian/Pedro were stinking out the place, it wasn't until Bayern showed interest and CHO requested a transfer that he gave him a couple of starts. He was only 18 back then. He then suffered an injury that put him out of action for 7 months, had several niggly injuries after returning, missing a few weeks here and there. Lampard spent the remainder of last season trying to ease him in.

He started this season down the pecking order after signing 3 new attackers, but again, they didnt hit the ground running, so the fanbase again became restless with CHO's lack of action. His productivity per 90 was excellent under both Sarri and Lampard. I'm genuinely ecstatic that he's finally being coached by someone who fully trusts him.

Feel like he's been around for ages but he's only 20.

Last edited:
The Telegraph reporting that Abramovich is sueing HarperCollins over the book they published last year.. Putins People: How the KGB took back Russia. This claims that he bought Chelsea under orders from Putin.

Will Werner ever come good?

I think this is a John Stones / Sterling situation here of self-confidence. if a player knows where the goal is in Germany,then he knows where the goal is full stop and he's just suffering from confidence. But can you hold a player who is prone to self doubt?

I don't think Tuchel has done as good a job as people claim. He's made CFC very hard to score against but they themselves struggle to score goals. Sides like that will struggle to win league titles.

Tuchel only there a wet day and look like he is taking them to a champs league final. Fairplay. I reckon they will be our biggest challengers next season. Awful to watch though.

To be honest Chelsea are primed really well for the season after this once all these new players have bedded in. The manager after Lampard won't believe his luck!

I mean that's literally it. Once they replace Lampard with a top class manager and they start being competitive in the league and Champions League for longer than one season, people's tunes will start to change.

I was saying at the start of the season. It was obvious they were in need of a top manager. I just didn't expect it all to happen so fast! Credit to Tuchel.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.