Chelsea thread 2020/21

Just reading on the BBC news page that roman abramovich has had secret investments in players that didn't play for chelsea....let's hope it gets the same scrutiny that our owners get.....no I don't think it will either.....

A leak of documents - banks' "suspicious activity reports" - that have been called the FinCEN Files and seen by BBC Panorama - has revealed that Mr Abramovich is behind an offshore company called Leiston Holdings.

Leiston was taking stakes in footballers overseas through third-party ownership (TPO).

This is where investors buy a share of a footballer's future transfer value from cash-strapped clubs.

The practice was banned in the English Premier League in 2008 but not internationally until 2015.
he's a bent fucker

Just reading on the BBC news page that roman abramovich has had secret investments in players that didn't play for chelsea....let's hope it gets the same scrutiny that our owners get.....no I don't think it will either.....
Made their main evening news, which given all the stuff about Covid going on suggests they may have a new target.

Still waiting for the outcry of Chelsea's spending this summer, could top 300m if they sign Declan Rice, an unbelievable amount in one window. Plus they've barely sold anyone to balance it out at all. I await the likes of Delaney, Herbert and any other city hating twat to have a dig at them. Not holding my breath though.

I'm jealous of how they do their transfer business. I wish we could poach a couple of their negotiators. If we can't win the title this season then I hope Chelsea do, as it may prompt our board into a spending spree next season. Haaland and Sancho please!

I like Lampard too after his time with us, deserves some success the lad.

Still waiting for the outcry of Chelsea's spending this summer, could top 300m if they sign Declan Rice, an unbelievable amount in one window. Plus they've barely sold anyone to balance it out at all. I await the likes of Delaney, Herbert and any other city hating twat to have a dig at them. Not holding my breath though.

I think we're getting a pass for now for two reasons mostly;

Lampard. He's well liked and English.

The context surrounding the spending. We'ee coming off a two window transfer ban plus we sold Hazard and Morata for a combined £185m. That's technically speaking two summer's worth transfer budgets piled up plus player sales exceeding £200m. So most in the media are cognisant of that context.

I'm old enough to remember what it was like in 2004.

Last edited:
Very difficult to assess Chelsea... I just kind of get this feeling like it was a few years ago with Everton when everyone said they would challenge Liverpool. Lots of good players but not sure how they could all settle in. I see players there that I feel would be amazing in a counter attacking side, then I see players there who I feel would be best in controlled technical game.
Something has to give, I'm sure not all the buys will work out.

Very difficult to assess Chelsea... I just kind of get this feeling like it was a few years ago with Everton when everyone said they would challenge Liverpool. Lots of good players but not sure how they could all settle in. I see players there that I feel would be amazing in a counter attacking side, then I see players there who I feel would be best in controlled technical game.
Something has to give, I'm sure not all the buys will work out.

Yeah the law of averages would indicate that at least some of these buys will end up being umderwhelming and you're right, Lampard has one hell of a job on his hands trying to figure this out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.