Chelsea Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought he was an idiot that day. He clarified that situation recently. He said he felt bad about what he did and he should have just come off when he was asked, but that he was only trying to waste time and he wasn't actually injured. Sarri thought he was injured and it was a misunderstanding. Silly situation all round though.
Everyone knew he was playing the clock down except Sarri.

Really looked pretty obvious from where I was sat. He’s a nob tbh and his antics made him look every bit as stupid he undoubtedly is. Never mind though great sub.

I mean it was years ago. He has been a model pro for us before and after that incident. But fair enough.

I thought Chelsea played a very good game and were the better side creating the better chances. They seemed to be able to get in behind the Liverpool defence quite readily.

I don't think there is much between City, Liverpool and Chelsea in finals and head to heads. City seem to have the edge in bread and butter games because we don't let our intensity drop or we can win those games and then coast. Chelsea often play poorly against sides which are weaker than them potentially and end up dropping points.

Rudiger was formidable in this game. The final exposed a constant Chelsea weakness which is goal-scoring. They are a bit like City in that respect.

Both our rivals have huge problems ahead. Chelsea may lose rudiger whilst Liverpool face losing Van Dijk to old age. Even in this game I thought Van Dijk was struggling. CFC got in a lot and with better finishing would have won.

He was fantastic today. Didn't have his shooting boots on but he was excellent. Neither Mount or Sancho are overrated. In same tier as Foden both of them.
Sancho has improved but mentally he seems weak. He had a very poor game against Watford. he should have been able to come on and destroy them. Instead he ran down blind alleys.

Mount is very good. Foden is too. The goal at Everton was exceptional. He took the ball that ricocheted off the Chelsea defender, controlled it and shot. It looked very easy but no one else in the city team could do that. Unbelievably quick feet. Sterling also has very quick feet but he does not have the composure that Foden has. Sterling is quicker. Chelsea seem to me to be defensively stronger than City. Reece James is phenomenal.

I think CFC, Liverpool and City all have an equal chance of winning the Champions League. There is not much between the sides in one off games.

Sancho has improved but mentally he seems weak. He had a very poor game against Watford. he should have been able to come on and destroy them. Instead he ran down blind alleys.

Mount is very good. Foden is too. The goal at Everton was exceptional. He took the ball that ricocheted off the Chelsea defender, controlled it and shot. It looked very easy but no one else in the city team could do that. Unbelievably quick feet. Sterling also has very quick feet but he does not have the composure that Foden has. Sterling is quicker. Chelsea seem to me to be defensively stronger than City. Reece James is phenomenal.

I think CFC, Liverpool and City all have an equal chance of winning the Champions League. There is not much between the sides in one off games.

I think Sancho suffers from poor coaching at United. The team is dysfunctional. You have Bruno thinking he's KDB trying passes he simply does not the technique to pull off. Ronaldo being a 37 year old statue. Rashford barely resembles a League 1 player these days and don't get started on McFred. I'm oretty certain Sancho would look 10x the player had he signed for City to be coached by Pep.

I agree with you on your assessment of the 3 teams. I think City are the best of the 3 and Chelsea are the worst but in one off games we're all pretty evenly matched.

Kepa is winning his penalty shootout before this point, it's just not his luck today.

Put the blame to the rest of Chelsea squad, why they didn't win the match with many chances missing.

Kepa is winning his penalty shootout before this point, it's just not his luck today.

Put the blame to the rest of Chelsea squad, why they didn't win the match with many chances missing.
If you sub on a keeper for a shoot out you'd expect him to save at least one. Mendy looked dejected after the game

I think Sancho suffers from poor coaching at United. The team is dysfunctional. You have Bruno thinking he's KDB trying passes he simply does not the technique to pull off. Ronaldo being a 37 year old statue. Rashford barely resembles a League 1 player these days and don't get started on McFred. I'm oretty certain Sancho would look 10x the player had he signed for City to be coached by Pep.

I agree with you on your assessment of the 3 teams. I think City are the best of the 3 and Chelsea are the worst but in one off games we're all pretty evenly matched.

Sorry to go of subject you say Sancho suffers from poor coaching. Yet it was Sancho who chose to go to a club that has poor coaches. Not sure if any other clubs were in for him but he just went to the rags for money. There is no way a young player with footballing ambition would chose utd.
Chelsea, spurs, liverpool, City all have top managers.

Sorry to go of subject you say Sancho suffers from poor coaching. Yet it was Sancho who chose to go to a club that has poor coaches. Not sure if any other clubs were in for him but he just went to the rags for money. There is no way a young player with footballing ambition would chose utd.
Chelsea, spurs, liverpool, City all have top managers.

Well they finished 2nd last season and then signed Varane and Sancho. I thought they'd be in the mix with the top 3 teams. He probably thought so too.

But anyway, even if you're right in that he just vent there for money, that doesn't take away from his talent which I think is up there with the best this country has to offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.